Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bare ground to this in a day.

PC120010-Edit.jpg

Well, Jeanne can now try out her new snowshoes.

you can keep your crystals.
I might have to join fotomonkey in florida.

Jason, I'm happy to send your some of ours!

My drive home that normally takes about 15 minutes took an hour! And the drive in the next day was no better. Next time I'm giving up fuel economy to get a heavier car. The fiesta just slides way too easy, even with snow tires.

Looking at the bird bath, looks like about 15"?

That's a lot of snow.

I never actually measured it but I would say that or more.

My wife tried out her new snowshoes & even though they are sized to her weight she sank to her knees. Methinks she would be better off with her old wood frame & gut ones which are much larger.

We just had a few days of heavy rain and my backyard flooded a little (no damage). It's not as pretty as snow, but I didn't have to shovel ant of it.

I never actually measured it but I would say that or more.

My wife tried out her new snowshoes & even though they are sized to her weight she sank to her knees. Methinks she would be better off with her old wood frame & gut ones which are much larger.

I seem to recall they make different snowshoes for different kinds of snow. For light, fluffy snow, you need big snowshoes, for packed or ice, you need small, for snow in woods and lots of underblush, they need to be long and narrow... When I went to an aboriginal exhibition, there was one person making the snowshoes from wood and rawhide, and he explained to me the various types that he made and why they were the shape/size that they were. Right tool for the job/conditions.

you can keep your crystals.
I might have to join fotomonkey in florida.
At least the crystals are smaller than the exotic bugs (cockroaches) in parts of Florida!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back