Weekly challenge 10/20-10/26 Still the one

It's strange to upload photos to TPF again after almost 2 months, while I start next week with (probably) long term medical rehabilitation after my cardiac arrest on 8 September and open heart surgery on 10 September, both caused by a very rare bacteria. Well, I'm glad I can do this anyway. I've to move a lot from the doctors, so in the 3 weeks that I am now out of hospital, I've made quite a few "walking" laps together with my wife.

So, my first for this challenge/this week: Still life I - Brooch diamonds/18carat gold
(thanks to my friend, a jeweler in The Hague)

I.jpg

Welcome back! Wishing you a speedy recovery. Love the brooch.

It's strange to upload photos to TPF again after almost 2 months, while I start next week with (probably) long term medical rehabilitation after my cardiac arrest on 8 September and open heart surgery on 10 September, both caused by a very rare bacteria. Well, I'm glad I can do this anyway. I've to move a lot from the doctors, so in the 3 weeks that I am now out of hospital, I've made quite a few "walking" laps together with my wife.

So, my first for this challenge/this week: Still life I - Brooch diamonds/18carat gold

I.jpg
Sorry to hear about your health issues, but glad you're back! :)

(I really have to get back in, I notice)

Still life with butterfly

Blijdorp Zoo Rotterdam has AMAZONICA, as they themselves call it the largest butterfly paradise in Europe.
And, yes, it's impressive to walk freely between all those beautiful animals!
In various spots you see small pieces of fruit, so the butterflies can feed themselves.
I've arranged some fruit (strictly speaking, a still life is a man-arranged set-up and of course you can take this as broadly as you wish) on a table that stood there and waited. (actually, a second butterfly was sitting on the edge of the kiwi fruit; removed that part of the image to get focus on just 1 butterfly)

Vwoensdag.jpg

I.jpg

Welcome back! Wishing you a speedy recovery. Love the brooch.

I.jpg
Sorry to hear about your health issues, but glad you're back! :)

Thank you very much, it all happened completely unexpected, I now have had 2 new, organic (aorta) heart valves in 3 years time and that seems to me enough.
Today, I know for sure that you really must enjoy every day, because it can just be the last.

Gerard

I am home today enjoying the stomach bug, so I have time to post another.

Here's a portion of Peeb's front door with a dark gray border applied in post. Also added some diffusion. Rising sun gives color in the reflection.

MJK_1429_DxO.1_center_DxO-small.jpg

Last edited:
I am home today enjoying the stomach bug, so I have time to post another.

Here's a portion of Peeb's front door with a dark gray border applied in post. Also added some diffusion. Rising sun gives color in the reflection.

View attachment 164913

I like the dappled subtle light.

Most reactions

Back