Weekly challenge 6/9 - 6/15 That’s Odd!

Odd to keep a dead bouquet?
Not at all - people used to get flowers from weddings and funerals and press them in the family bible, or other large book.

There's an odd number of babies in this photo, plus they're rather odd-looking. Any guesses as to what species?
DSC_9410-1.jpg

Can it be from the past? This is a sort-of-selfie from c.1984, somewhere in south GA. Kodak 35mm something, Pentax MX, 28mm lens. Film had a little water damage or something...
28873796018_0aac2ac8b1_o.jpg

Last edited:
Odd: a sculptured group in a museum (former church) in Utrecht NL, with all the faces of the figures missing.
You would think of vandalism and that is indeed true, only this vandalism took place ± 450 years ago.
During the Reformation (in this case 1566 and 1580) all statues - mostly of sandstone - in this church were damaged.

beeldencomp.jpg

Odd to keep a dead bouquet?
Not at all - people used to get flowers from weddings and funerals and press them in the family bible, or other large book.

I've pressed flowers and made a few projects. But, this is a first for a whole bouquet. Maybe I will keep it until I get a fresh one.

This necktie hung in the studio, where the restorers work, of a museum.
The joke is in the text on the board, translated it says: "hang this rope back after use, please"
So, you can hang yourself, as long as you put back the noose afterwards!

stropcomp.jpg

This is truly an oddity for around here, but a neat oddity to see - a bull elk! Indicative of how odd a sighting this is, I was coming home this evening from town and my son said, "why did someone put an elk silhouette in that field?" Right then the 'silhouette' moved.
20180614_213330.jpg

Last edited:
For me this is nothing more than a tree stump that "thinks" it's a dog.
But, it turns out to be real art! I think it's odd and if you look closely you will see that this dog has also lost his tail. It's still just a monster.

hondcomp.jpg

Most reactions

Back