Weekly challenge EXTENDED 3/20 - 4/2 Water

We are going to extend this one by another week. Let’s get creative and say it can’t be a lake or pond or ocean or river unless you do a long exposure! All other forms of water are still acceptable

We are going to extend this one by another week. Let’s get creative and say it can’t be a lake or pond or ocean or river unless you do a long exposure! All other forms of water are still acceptable
Awesome! I have a lot more free time next week. I will try again for a better shot :D

Let’s get creative and say it can’t be a lake or pond or ocean or river unless you do a long exposure! All other forms of water are still acceptable

Ok, there is water in this...just not the H2O kind.

The moonrise behind me as I waited to shoot the sunset over the Potomac I shared above got my attention. At the time I thought "Do I dare submit this?" It's likely only a Washingtonian will see the water connection.

20210326184534_IMG_2734-01_copy_1000x558.jpeg

Ok, there is water in this...just not the H2O kind.

The moonrise behind me as I waited to shoot the sunset over the Potomac I shared above got my attention. At the time I thought "Do I dare submit this?" It's likely only a Washingtonian will see the water connection.

View attachment 204887
I've never been to DC, but I am a Washingtonian. The infamous Gate?

Awesome! I have a lot more free time next week. I will try again for a better shot :D

Me too. Last week I had no time to shoot at all!

..a little water related action this pm in the kitchen sink.

View attachment 204898

I love how creative your challenge photos are! This one is really well done!

This time, no lake, river, ocean, pond, bay estuary, sea ... here. Well, technically that is Potomac River water.

Very cool shots! I have been wanting to try some splash photos. I’ll need to watch a few tutorials as I have no idea how it’s done. Are you using ocf?

Very cool shots! I have been wanting to try some splash photos. I’ll need to watch a few tutorials as I have no idea how it’s done. Are you using ocf?

Whatever the right way is, I'm sure I didn't do it. I filled a pot full of water and submerged two lume cubes in it. I put a nifty fifty on the camera and stopped it down to f8 for a little more depth of field. I jacked the ISO up to 6400. The shutter speed ended up at 1/6400. I held the coin where it would enter the water, set focus, and then turned auto focus off. In electronic shutter mode, the camera will shoot 20 frames per second. Even at that it took a couple of sequences to get what I wanted.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back