well... something

OH. I Like This. Nice,nice, nice. Ed

I like the textures and patterns in this a lot, though I would have cropped from the top - just to the strip above the window. It feels a little crowded at the top, and I also find myself unsatisfied by the broken symmetry of the V shape above and below the window. I find myself paying more attention to that than to the lovely textures of the vines and the window itself.

Only small nitpicks though. :)

I like the textures and patterns in this a lot, though I would have cropped from the top - just to the strip above the window. It feels a little crowded at the top, and I also find myself unsatisfied by the broken symmetry of the V shape above and below the window. I find myself paying more attention to that than to the lovely textures of the vines and the window itself.

Only small nitpicks though. :)
completely understand... I was actually thinking about all you mentioned here but still decided to go for it

... nothing about this old house was symmetric and simple to shoot... especially because I didn't have the space to move around and shoot as I wish.... annoying :)

I'm looking at it on my phone. I'll look again when I get home but from what I can tell on this little screen:
1. I like it a lot.
2. I agree with Leonore. And I think the shot is absolutely worth working on.

I love the textures, patterns and composition alot.
I thought it was black and white until I saw the green of the small vines, especially the moss in the upper left.

I like the angles. I just wish you could have backed up a little. Could you shoot it again with a wider lens?

Very nice - in addition to the cropping comments, have you tried to dial back the contrast & highlights a smidge?

Very nice - in addition to the cropping comments, have you tried to dial back the contrast & highlights a smidge?
I am with this, the processing seems a bit much it is bright but not really showing the textures and details well (least not on my screen)

Marija, I'm not giving any critique until you tell me what happened to your avatar.
she got upset I thought she was bisexual I think...

which I kind of still wish I thought she was, even if it was only for the fantasy.

I think you went a bit too far with the de-saturation for my taste.
Maybe a bit too crunchy on the sharpening.
I'm not on board with the composition.

And yet, it's still comment worthy ....

Perhaps the worst of misses ...

... near. ;)

first of, I don't like you guys anymore!

that's it!

leaving tpf!

I'm looking at it on my phone. I'll look again when I get home but from what I can tell on this little screen:
1. I like it a lot.
2. I agree with Leonore. And I think the shot is absolutely worth working on.
yeah ... we all agree with Leo ;)

I love the textures, patterns and composition alot.
I thought it was black and white until I saw the green of the small vines, especially the moss in the upper left.
oh, you didn't say anything wrong. I still like you then ;)

and I didn't de-saturate a thing! (regarding sleist's comment)

I like the angles. I just wish you could have backed up a little. Could you shoot it again with a wider lens?
ok.... give me a wider lens and we'll see what can I do ;)

I couldn't backed up because the house is in a specific hilly terrain, next to the road and river that is much lower (if I knew English a bit more I would explain you nicely)
I was trying to get the shot of the whole hose because it's a magnificent old house, scary. I managed to take some kind of a shot, almost standing in the river, but haven't still edited it

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back