Wet Printing My Grandfathers Negatives

Good job sparky. :biggrin-93:

This is really quite amazing. So much history ready to be printed for the next generations to see.

Found some archival albums today. The will hold 24 8x10s, so there's room to add more.

Albums_resized.jpg

I just need to make copies of some birth certificates and registration of marriage and out they go.

Here you go, sparky. magic of darkroom work. :applause: Isn't satisfying ? And you did really well. There is high probability this negs were never printed that large, probably intended for contact printing originally.

Very nice... your kin were much better photographers than mine ! I have tons of old negatives but lots are OOF and poorly framed... congrats on your project !

Wow, I really love this project. You did the right thing. I would never have said to myself to just to ten. I might do that with my grandmother-in-laws pics now.

Sparky, seeing them together, they're really wonderful.

Are you going to frame and hang a set? I wonder how they'd look displayed together.

And away they went.

Two of 'em got delivered in person today, the other 3 are headed to Texas, Idaho and Arizona.

Hey ! What's the reaction of recipients ? Did they expect this ?

Last edited:
Sparky I love this! It's so exciting! Really enjoyed viewing them. Thank you for sharing these timeless memories. Nice work.

What everybody else said great, fantastic, et cetera ... but, where did you learn to print?

I had a (color) darkroom back in the '70s and '80s.

Hey ! What's the reaction of recipients ? Did they expect this ?

They loved 'em, and they didn't know about them ahead of time. I've sworn the two that have their to not tell the other three.

This is just so cool - waiting for the reaction. You did great with this project, including the delivery! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back