What am I doing wrong?

GooseEgg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In a lot of the pictures that I have been taking, particularly sunset pictures, there are red and green spots that are captured in the pictures. The sun is sometimes a little distorted also. What can I do differently to prevent the spots from appearing in my shots, Thanks

:addpics:

Post some images so people can see what you are talking about. Could just be noise, dead pixels? Who's to say.
Also, what camera and lens are you using. What ISO?

Lens flare? That's my guess. Happens when you point your camera at a bright light... like the sun.

Show us a pic please :grumpy:

Looks like overexposure to me

hey sorry, im new here. How do I post a pic? I see the "insert image" button, but it asks for a url. All my pictures are in iphoto on my mac.

do you have a photobucket or flickr account?

If not, create one on either of those sites (flickr is better) and upload your pictures from your computer to there, and then the picture will have a URL that ends in .jpg :)

type in [ img ] (right click on picture and click on copy image location, then paste here) [/ img ]

type that all without the spaces and it should work... If you at least do just the URL of the picture, one of us can repost for you with your permission or we can at least click on the link to get to the picture...

FOR THE OP:

This is NOT my work. This is the OP's work.

4456533332_1973c24c79.jpg

You are correct, that is lens flare caused by the sun.

THANK YOU, that was an ordeal. Is there anything I can do to prevent that?

Alright, I'll try that in the future, Thanks for everyones help!

THANK YOU, that was an ordeal. Is there anything I can do to prevent that?

Lens Hood.
A lens hood only helps when the Sun or other bright light source is not in the frame.

If you have a filter on the front of the lens, take it off.

Lens flare is caused by reflections internal to the lens. Quailty lenses have coatings and construction that minimize flare.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...forum-functions-pictoral-guide-using-tpf.html

That thread is near the top of the Beginners' Forum & Photo Gallery . Keep those eye's open.

Most reactions

Back