What are you cooking for Thanksgiving

oldhippy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Being that our community is multi state/ multi national I ask this question.
What's cooking in those pots tomorrow.
Wife and are invited to dine with in laws .
Making cranberry walnut relish, and Parker house rolls to bring along.
Well as I said what's cooking.

We are having thanksgiving with close friends. We just finished the two Apple pies and tomorrow I will whip up some yummie 4 cheese au gratin potatoes. I'm trying to decide if I need one pan or two for 15 people.....hmmmm....

I have finished making a couple of sharp cheese balls; a batch of smoked chinook salmon dip; and some spinach dip. Plenty of crackers in three varieties.

Spending Thanksgiving with Buzz's family. I'm bringing some baked salmon that is currently marinating in an orange-ginger concoction. Also bringing the mashed potatoes, some cranberry sauce, one apple pie and one pumpkin pie made with fresh pumpkin.

We're cheating tomorrow and doing dinner at Ruths Chris with my parents then going to my in-laws in PA afterwards. I am going to cook a turkey with dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrot soufflé, cranberry relish, biscuits and deviled eggs on Saturday.

Actually I was kidding but that does sound really good.

Forgot to mention, making a New York Style. Crumb Cake. But looking at that woman of mines eyes, it has a low probability of getting to the in laws.

My son and DIL have purchased a turkey from their Amish farming "partners". The turkeys are an heirloom breed, and free-range fed on apples. So everything this year will include apples in some way.

I made the cranberry dish, and they make everything else.

NOTHING!
Ok but I used to do a standing rib roast just to be different. We actually enjoy turkey a few times a year, so have the option.
But going to my brother/ SIL for dinner with my son who is 14 months home from Afghanistan.
Hubby ended up in hospital today with blood clots, so he will enjoy hospital cooking and our company. ☺️
Happy Thanksgiving all,
Nancy

What I'm actually preparing is cherry Jello with strawberries and raspberries, as well a scalloped corn. Those are my contributions to the Feast.

Being that our community is multi state/ multi national I ask this question.
What's cooking in those pots tomorrow.
Wife and are invited to dine with in laws .
Making cranberry walnut relish, and Parker house rolls to bring along.
Well as I said what's cooking.
We always have dinner at my folks in DC (45 minutes from us). It's a big group (family plus strays)...should be 23 people tomorrow. My wife makes veggies (string beans and grilled brussel sprouts). I make two cheesecakes: pumpkin with a ginger crust, and chocolate with a pistachio crust.

Mmmmm, sounding good out there....
maybe next year we do a recipe exchange in addition to the photo exchange..
Happy thanksgiving to all,
Nancy

Pictures or it didn't happen?

Keith, what's your address? That sounds yummy..
Since I am the member with an RV, I could stay to help,with clean up and then stay another 6 months or so...
Nancy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back