What are your 10 favorite movies ?

Oh my, there are too many...in no order...
Simon Birch
Rudy
Forrest Gump
Sweet Home Alabama
What's Eating Gilbert Grape
RAIN MAN!
The Other Sister
Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Rudy
ANYTHING with Will Ferrell!
The Notebook
Dumb and Dumber
Napoleon Dynamite
Pretty Woman
American Beauty

The first "top 10" that come to mind:

Pirates of the Caribbean
The Wizard of Oz
It's a Wonderful Life
The Outlaw Josie Wales
The Blues Brothers
Raiders of the Lost Ark
My Cousin Vinny
Legends of the Fall
Pulp Fiction
Goodfellas

Like everyone else, I could easily expand this list indefinitely, but these definitely stop me dead in my tracks to watch if I'm passing a TV and one of these is on.

There are too many to think of right now but here's a start.

Ninja Turtles
Underworld
Gladiator
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
The original Star Wars trilogy
Scott Pilgrim
Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift
Citizen Cane

Oh my, there are too many...in no order...
Simon Birch
Rudy
Forrest Gump
Sweet Home Alabama
What's Eating Gilbert Grape
RAIN MAN!
The Other Sister
Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Rudy
ANYTHING with Will Ferrell!
The Notebook
Dumb and Dumber
Napoleon Dynamite
Pretty Woman
American Beauty

Dumb and Dumber? I am surprised.... that one is so DUMB I can't sit through it, although I really like Jim Carrey! :thumbup: on everything else though...

manicmike said:
Scott Pilgrim
Damn. I forgot that one. Great film.

I no special order,

The Matrix (only the first one)
It's a Wonderful Life
The Sound of Music
Glory
and the last six I wonder if anyone will even know,

The Thin Man (series which has six movies. Featuring William Powell and Myrna Loy) I have all six on DVD and watch them all at least once a year. Oh! forgot to mention that it has been rumored that Johnny Depp may take on this series and redo it. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I have so many other movies I would love to mention.

Debbie does dallas
Debbie does dallas
Debbie does dallas
Debbie does dallas
Debbie does dallas
Debbie does dallas
Debbie does dallas
Debbie does dallas
Debbie does dallas
Debbie does dallas

:)

This was actually rather difficult for me! They are in no particular order with the exception that #1 is my absolute favorite:

(01) The Princess Bride
(02) Shaun of the Dead
(03) First Knight
(04) The Untouchables
(05) Green Street Hooligans
(06) PS I Love You
(07) The Notorious Bettie Page
(08) Peter Pan (2003)
(09) Robin Hood (Disney Animated...you know, with the foxes)
(10) The Holiday

I no special order,

It's a Wonderful Life
The Sound of Music
Glory

The Thin Man (series which has six movies. Featuring William Powell and Myrna Loy) I have all six on DVD and watch them all at least once a year. Oh! forgot to mention that it has been rumored that Johnny Depp may take on this series and redo it. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

You must be fairly young.;)

The Thin Man series is great. Especially the earlier ones. As time progressed, it became politically incorrect for the movies to project so much drinking and partying.

Trust me, there are plenty of us old timers out here who know about the The Thin Man movies. Cool stuff, isn't it?:thumbup:

This was actually rather difficult for me! They are in no particular order with the exception that #1 is my absolute favorite:

(01) The Princess Bride
(02) Shaun of the Dead
(03) First Knight
(04) The Untouchables
(05) Green Street Hooligans
(06) PS I Love You
(07) The Notorious Bettie Page
(08) Peter Pan (2003)
(09) Robin Hood (Disney Animated...you know, with the foxes)
(10) The Holiday
God!! That movie is a trainwreck!! I cry every single time I watch it! You would think that would stop me from watching it again...NOPE!! I see it's on and I HAVE TO WATCH IT!! lol You would think I like pain or something.

I no special order,

It's a Wonderful Life
The Sound of Music
Glory

You must be fairly young.;)

The Thin Man series is great. Especially the earlier ones. As time progressed, it became politically incorrect for the movies to project so much drinking and partying.

Trust me, there are plenty of us old timers out here who know about the The Thin Man movies. Cool stuff, isn't it?:thumbup:

I feel I am young. 34 to me is young.... well sort of anyway. I do wish I had 10 years back. It would be nice to be 24 again. Eat, drink, and not as many cares in the world. That would be nice.
I'm so glad to see someone respond to the "The Thin Man" series. They really are great movies to me. I enjoy the older movies. I feel that while there are a lot of great movies now, the true actors are from back then. Meaning, I really enjoy watching an actor/actress who not only had to act but, also had to sing and dance through a scene (I'm fully aware that not everyone was actually singing but, still times have certainly changed). Also I know this series didn't have William or Myrna singing but, the joy for me was in the sleuthing that Nick Charles did. It was and is fun for me to watch. There are so many classic lines in those movies that I would love to quote but, would be laughed at for it.

So yes to me it's "Cool stuff"!

@Rick also forgot to mention, I'm looking for small martini glasses look the ones they drink from and I wear fedoras like Nick Charles when ever the chance presents itself.

One line I do use from those movies that still works today, "You women sure do take a lot of punishment!"

How about
A Boy and his Dog= Don Johnson Si fi
Ice Pirates- a time warp thing
Repo man- the one with the alien in the trunk
that dam jappanese animation that had an amorphic metamorphicn in it, which title I've tried to remember for years. brain fart. Ed

I still watch Heavy Metal once a year or so... lol... and jam on the Soundtrack more often than that...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back