What i did with my P&S and Photoshop C&C welcomed

thaoimage

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just something I threw together and thought I'd share so people can give me better pointers...

WinchesterFountain.jpg

WinchesterAngel2.jpg

Monterey2009.jpg

are the photos not loading for anyone else.. or is it just me?

i see them fine.

they all look underexposed to me... looks like half the photo is in shadows...

i like the comp of the third one, but it looks like it would be hard to expose right w/out HDR or some crap since as shot the foreground looks too dark and the sky is still blown

i think i'm getting better at c&c than i am at actually taking photos lol

oh well baby steps...

LOL... i find it easier to give CC too... I can very easily look at a photo and see whats bad about it.. and whats good about it.. but, sometimes computing that into the camera, takes time to figure out!!

Those are great pictures , i dont know if u underexposed them in purpose but if u did it gave the shots a really nice touch!

I actually did the underexposure on purpose because that's my style. Do you guys think i should lighten up with the photoshop filters? Here's another one I just did:

TruckeeRiver.jpg

I actually did the underexposure on purpose because that's my style.

WTF? thats your style? bad looking pictures is your style?? you're the second person in 2 days who has used the excuse of "thats my style" its no ones style to have bad looking, under exposed photos... just admit that you thought they looked good that way, then, we told you that you were wrong, and then try again, without under exposing them...

I actually did the underexposure on purpose because that's my style.

WTF? thats your style? bad looking pictures is your style?? you're the second person in 2 days who has used the excuse of "thats my style" its no ones style to have bad looking, under exposed photos... just admit that you thought they looked good that way, then, we told you that you were wrong, and then try again, without under exposing them...

did he get banned for THIS?
i think nikonguy was spot on. "that's my style" is a cop-out.

sry.

wow i've never seen anyone banned... i'm gonna assume its temporary?... cuz if not the reaction is just as bad as the original action...

He must of woke up on the wrong side of the bed....lol

Last edited:
thenikonguy was banned before under the username ChrisBurke for similar behavior earlier this year, so I'm really not surprised. The mods may have been keeping him on a short leash.

Contrary to popular belief, it's quite possible to give constructive criticism without being rude and disrespectful. Unfortunately, he failed at that attempt in the above post.

I also think the images here are a bit underexposed, but these are high-contrast scenes (especially 2 and 3 in the OP) that can't be exposed properly with one frame unless you do an HDR or use a GND filter. Looks to me like he's trying to balance the exposure between the extremes.

Last edited:
Contrary to popular belief, it's quite possible to give constructive criticism without being rude and disrespectful. Unfortunately, he failed at that attempt in the above post.

I actually didn't think chris's criticism was being rude at all?... actually he only told the guy what he thought was wrong with them, and try again. If people can't handle honesty then why are they here?

Most reactions

Back