What is Boxer Turtle? (Closed)

Fight Club

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Boxer turtle is currently on hold for the Summer. Go outside and play! We'll see you in the fall.

How it works:

Topic Week:
Step 1 - Post your topic ideas during the first half of topic week (Sunday 3:00 PM EST through Thursday 5:00 PM EST)
Step 2 - On Thursday (5-6 PM), I'll post a poll with 5 topics from that list (and previous weeks). Voting lasts until Sunday at 5-6 PM EST.

Submission Week:
Step 3 - As soon as the poll is closed, start shooting! Only the winning topic counts here, and in the case of a tie, choose either one.
Step 4 - Pictures are due at 3:00 PM EST on Sunday (1 week from topic announcement) in a new Boxer Turtle Pictures thread that will appear when topic voting ends.

Topic Week (Coincides with Step 1):
Step 5 - A Boxer Turtle poll will be added to the Boxer Turtle Pictures thread at 3 PM EST on Sunday, so the pictures and the voting are in one place. The poll closes Thursday at 3 PM EST.

Topic suggestions:

-- Just post them in the suggestion thread, and they'll be added to the queue next topic voting
-- The topics go through a weeding process to keep only the ones that foster creativity and multiple interpretations. (Seasonal topics will be weeded out, as they may not appear for many months)
-- After that, 5 are randomly selected (Sequence by random.org), and those are put in that weeks poll
-- If your topic is not in the poll, it was either weeded out, or is still valid to be chosen in future weeks! Please only suggest new things each week

Photo guidelines

-- Unlike Fight Club, no late photos will be accepted in Boxer Turtle because of the longer time line
-- New photos, taken during Submission Week only will be accepted
-- Keep it work safe

Voting

--All voting is done via polls, and the polls close automatically.
--In the case of a topic poll tie, any of the tied topics can be used for that week's contest
--In the case of a photo tie, I'll pick a contest participant at random (also by random.org), and they will cast the deciding vote anonymously. (Unless you have a better idea!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always wondered...why is it called Boxer Turtle?
huh.gif

Now THIS is an awesome Idea! Im going to be participating and I bet alot more will be to because of the longer time!

As you all might have guessed, this contest is no more. The initial reason for it was so that people who couldn't play Fight Club at the appointed time could still participate in a contest, but now that Fight Club is always open, there is no need for this contest. Thanks for your participation and support!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back