When soul and body are flying together

emayd

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
IMG_9668.jpg

Love it !!

can u write down what setting did you use ??
thank you

Looking at this from a more techincal point of view... This in my honest opinion is just a snap shot. You've posted like 3 or 4 others of these I've seen, and their all basically the same thing... But every last one of them is just a cool effect. Theres no real composition, and I think your aware of that too so your kinda trying to save that with an expressive title.

Looking at this from a more techincal point of view... This in my honest opinion is just a snap shot. You've posted like 3 or 4 others of these I've seen, and their all basically the same thing... But every last one of them is just a cool effect. Theres no real composition, and I think your aware of that too so your kinda trying to save that with an expressive title.

huh? go and take this shot and then come back and coment. This is a very difficult style to execute well and this is one is on top of most i've seen. Technically there are soooo many factors to take in. Balancing the speed of the dancer vs your shutter speed. and the same time balancing the exposure so that it will have enough light to expose the movement while not overexposing the still action. then timing and precision; picking the right moment to hold still while your shutter is open, then pan without wobbling, then freeze again. finally do all this while the dancer is moving all over changing your focal distance, while varrying their speed. quite frankly... some chance timing has to come into play here, that means patience and a clear goal that you try and try and try to achieve. Photos like this are not just the result of setting up a posed shot and having your subject stand up against a wall and "click" "flash" done. it's about anticipation, timing, patience and experimenting with the play and interaction of light and motion.

instead of simply saying how "meh" something is, try either learning from it, or improving on it.

One more: "Doing Magic"

IMG_9694.jpg

I love these. They are like paintings almost. The expression of movement is incredible. The last one, in particular, is fabulous!

I love these. They are like paintings almost. The expression of movement is incredible. The last one, in particular, is fabulous!
I can't improve on that analysis, so I'll just say they're great! Technically, over my head, but great!

J. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

You can send these into a magazine! They are fantastic from the technical point of view. But once you get a hold of this...
Anyway. Awesome. (Don't know the use of this post)

First off, I think your pictures look really cool. It's obvious that you love what you're doing and it shines through in your pictures.

Secondly:
This is the kind of thing that makes me not want to come to this website. Some guy who in his profile admits that he's been into photography for less than a year makes pointless, negative comment with no constructive value whatsoever. Most of these threads have someone like him on there saying something spiteful about the photo for no reason or just saying that it's of poor quality and leaving it at that. You should give constructive criticism that will help the photographer improve their "crappy" photos, and only do so if you know a thing or two about photography yourself. Insulting someone's photo doesn't help them improve their technique, it may well discourage them from pursuing photography, and it certainly won't make your photos look any better. While it would be a lot of fun to post my photos on a website like this one and get tips and comments, looking around here affirms that the comments will probably be made by people who don't really know what they're talking about and just relish the opportunity to sound like professionals by parroting the things that the real seasoned photographers on this site say. Such is the internet.

But this dude is cool and didn't care about the insults and just kept a-postin'. Sorry for ranting in your thread.

Fascinating painterly, abstract quality to the images.

First off, I think your pictures look really cool. It's obvious that you love what you're doing and it shines through in your pictures.

Secondly:
This is the kind of thing that makes me not want to come to this website. Some guy who in his profile admits that he's been into photography for less than a year makes pointless, negative comment with no constructive value whatsoever. Most of these threads have someone like him on there saying something spiteful about the photo for no reason or just saying that it's of poor quality and leaving it at that. You should give constructive criticism that will help the photographer improve their "crappy" photos, and only do so if you know a thing or two about photography yourself. Insulting someone's photo doesn't help them improve their technique, it may well discourage them from pursuing photography, and it certainly won't make your photos look any better. While it would be a lot of fun to post my photos on a website like this one and get tips and comments, looking around here affirms that the comments will probably be made by people who don't really know what they're talking about and just relish the opportunity to sound like professionals by parroting the things that the real seasoned photographers on this site say. Such is the internet.

But this dude is cool and didn't care about the insults and just kept a-postin'. Sorry for ranting in your thread.

I don't really know if I could agree with that statement. I know that it's true that critic should contain information on whats wrong in a photo, so the photographer may improve it (VERY IMPORTANT: HOW it's HIS problem!)
But everyone has there own point of view on photography. As far as I understand , he (Primo) stated that he doesn't recognize these as fine art. That's a common problem these days. Hoping no one's viewing this, I honestly say that every second photo I see on these forums , I don't recognize as fine art. BUT I give critic that might turn a photo into a masterpiece, not caring if the author peruses fine art photography or not.

I respect ONLY fine art photography. I don't care if it's professional or not. That's why I rarely criticize animal, automotive , montage and related photos , because I don't often see much in them. BUT , I agree, I never just write " I don't like this photo coz it aint fine art!" (Excuse me if i did).
Don't like it but don't know what to improve , just remain silent.

But still there is supposed to be someone who cracks through the Christmas shopping crowd , yelling "I hate Christmas!", no? Anyway, the "insult" didn't change the photos, nor the opinion of the most. Yet.

And It's not wise do judge a persons experience by how long and how much one posts on TPF?
Sorry for continuing the rant.
Cheers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back