When soul and body are flying together

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by emayd, Oct 15, 2009.

1. emayd

emayd No longer a newbie, moving up!

[​IMG]

2. MH_91

MH_91 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Love it !!

can u write down what setting did you use ??
    thank you

3. Wyjid

Wyjid TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    very cool. did you pan while she/he was spinning? would love to know your data too, and what sort of light was on the dancer.

4. Primo

Primo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Looking at this from a more techincal point of view... This in my honest opinion is just a snap shot. You've posted like 3 or 4 others of these I've seen, and their all basically the same thing... But every last one of them is just a cool effect. Theres no real composition, and I think your aware of that too so your kinda trying to save that with an expressive title.

5. Wyjid

Wyjid TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    huh? go and take this shot and then come back and coment. This is a very difficult style to execute well and this is one is on top of most i've seen. Technically there are soooo many factors to take in. Balancing the speed of the dancer vs your shutter speed. and the same time balancing the exposure so that it will have enough light to expose the movement while not overexposing the still action. then timing and precision; picking the right moment to hold still while your shutter is open, then pan without wobbling, then freeze again. finally do all this while the dancer is moving all over changing your focal distance, while varrying their speed. quite frankly... some chance timing has to come into play here, that means patience and a clear goal that you try and try and try to achieve. Photos like this are not just the result of setting up a posed shot and having your subject stand up against a wall and "click" "flash" done. it's about anticipation, timing, patience and experimenting with the play and interaction of light and motion.

instead of simply saying how "meh" something is, try either learning from it, or improving on it.

6. emayd

One more: "Doing Magic"

[​IMG]

7. emayd

[​IMG]

8. _rebecca_

_rebecca_ TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I love these. They are like paintings almost. The expression of movement is incredible. The last one, in particular, is fabulous!

9. jbylake

jbylake Dodging the Men in Black Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I can't improve on that analysis, so I'll just say they're great! Technically, over my head, but great!

J. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

10. Canosonic

Canosonic TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    You can send these into a magazine! They are fantastic from the technical point of view. But once you get a hold of this...
    Anyway. Awesome. (Don't know the use of this post)

11. emayd

[​IMG]

12. Schweitzer

Schweitzer TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    First off, I think your pictures look really cool. It's obvious that you love what you're doing and it shines through in your pictures.

Secondly:
    This is the kind of thing that makes me not want to come to this website. Some guy who in his profile admits that he's been into photography for less than a year makes pointless, negative comment with no constructive value whatsoever. Most of these threads have someone like him on there saying something spiteful about the photo for no reason or just saying that it's of poor quality and leaving it at that. You should give constructive criticism that will help the photographer improve their "crappy" photos, and only do so if you know a thing or two about photography yourself. Insulting someone's photo doesn't help them improve their technique, it may well discourage them from pursuing photography, and it certainly won't make your photos look any better. While it would be a lot of fun to post my photos on a website like this one and get tips and comments, looking around here affirms that the comments will probably be made by people who don't really know what they're talking about and just relish the opportunity to sound like professionals by parroting the things that the real seasoned photographers on this site say. Such is the internet.

But this dude is cool and didn't care about the insults and just kept a-postin'. Sorry for ranting in your thread.