Where is the spot on my sensor

Naicidrac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone,
I am thinking about cleaning my image sensor on my camera. If I have a spot on the top left corner of my image. Where would that be on the sensor? I have a Nikon D80. I was just wondering if the sensor is a mirror image or upside down or what. I just wanted to first see if I see anything by looking into the sensor.

from the way you ask this question...i would imagine you are not familiar with camera bodies.....i would suggest you be really carefull about your first attempt.....image sensors are very sensitive and can be damaged easily...just a few words of precaution....good luck

You probably won't be able to see it. As I already recommended, It's not worth trying to get 1 spot off of your sensor.

OK thanks everyone and I will not try it. Thanks for the tips, and yes I am not familiar with my camera body. My main reason for asking the question is to see how big a spot of dust would be on the sensor and it sounds like it is pretty small. I was wondering if it was something that I could see or if it was pretty much invisible to the naked eye. Thanks

Actually sensors are not that delicate. This myth must have been generated by camera stores to earn cleaning fees. The photo sensitive CCD's are protected by a transparent coating. Cleaning doesn't touch them at all.

There are all kinds of sensor cleaning products available. Pick one that appeals to you. I have 4 of them and tend to prefer swabbing the sensor with a non abrasive wipe that is moistened slightly with a liquid cleaner. It doesn't matter where the spot is. When you clean the sensor, it will go away with anything else since you clean all of the sensor not just part of it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back