Which camera to buy for beginner....?

I'd get a Canon XTi or XT or Nikon's equivalent (d40 I believe). Then I'd get some all purpose lenses without going overboard. Depending on the type of photography you want to do, I'd spend the money on the lighting (if that is needed for your photography). You can get some beautiful pictures with consumer lenses if you have really nice lighting.

There are plenty of options for lenses, just not for AF-S(Autofocus) lenses. But all the other lenses for Nikon can be manually focused which in some cases is better than AutoFocus.

Learn about what lenses do what, and you will be able to decide for yourself what lenses you need!

I just picked up the XT in the kit, zipzoomfly.com has it for 475 in the kit I believe....

The kit lens is pretty good to start off with , in the near future I will be picking up the 50mm f/1.8 and a 70-200mm lens as well.

This is my first SLR and I absolutely love it. You will take 200+ pictures the first day you get yours, guaranteed!

then wat r d lenses i should buy?

please, type right, so we at least know what your saying, "d" does not substitute the word "the", this is not MSN.

to answer your question. look around for what lens does what..which is what Phazan said.

My advice is go to a store and, hold the prospective cameras in your hand. See which one feels best to you and buy that camera. The D40 will limit your lense selection usless you want to focus manually. You will be limited to AF-S and, AF-I lenses. I have a D80 but, I dont think you want to start with that.

I love my canon rebel XTi. I have 3 lenses but my favorite is a $70 lens the canon EF 55m f/1.8. and I dont have to worry about it so much. If I break it, then...well i can get another.
I also have the xti and 3 lenses and my favorite is also the 50mm f/1.8. I'd just like to add that not only is this lens quite affordable, but Its very shrarp.

It's tough to recommend a specific camera when you haven't mentioned anything about what you might plan to photograph or where your interests are. But Joves has some great advice to just go to a store and try them out for feel. As far as lenses, again it's impossible to recommend anything unless you have some specific interests. In lieu of that, I'd just start off with the 18-55 kit lens, and the "standard issue" 50mm f/1.8 prime and go from there.

I'm more into scenic photography. i love to travel from country to country to snap photo, exp old architecture and also lifestyle

I have an EOS 350D (Rebel XT) and im not a beginner. I just bought a telephoto lens (75-300mm) and a flash. Canon 350D is great for everyone, not just beginners! And remember, a true photographer can make a good photo with every camera! The basic 350D (Body+18-55mm) is great for beginners, but then you could buy better lenses to make it a pro-grade camera. I get professional pictures with it and my two lenses (custom made 28-105mm f/2.8-3.8 and Canon EF 75-300mm) that I use for exibithions, public displays...etc. So a basic 350D is great for a beginner, but when you become an amateur or pro, buy yourself at least one good lense to make it a professional beast!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back