Which Camera??

lds463

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been into photography and would like to advance however, I do not have a lot of money. I am an all around person so I will do pretty much all types of photography like macro,portrait, and etc. Can you recommend me a camera that is $450 or less including the lens and excluding memory card and extra batteries.

Features:

-Full Manual Control
-TV Mode(not absolutely needed but would be greatly appreciated)
-Manual Focus Control
-The highest shutter speed has to be a minimun of 20 seconds.

It has to be a full zoom to beginner entry dslr camera.

Welcome to the forum.

You may be able to find a used DSLR for that price. Maybe a Canon Rebel (300D).

Welcome to the forum.

You may be able to find a used DSLR for that price. Maybe a Canon Rebel (300D).

it doesnt have to be a DSLR.....it just has to be a full zoom camera like the Pentax K1100 or DSLR

IMO, a DSLR is a much, much better investment...especially as you want to advance your photography. That's not to say that you can't learn and take great photos with a non-DSLR...but judging from what I've seen around here over the last few years...if you get a non-DSLR, you have a good chance of ditching it and getting a DSLR eventually anyway.

I'd recommend a secondhand 300D as well, that's exactly what i've just started out with! Got it off Ebay for about £230, which should just come within your $450 budget when converted. Make sure you get the kit version that comes with the 18-55mm EF-S lens and not the body only!

Decent capacity mem cards are cheap as chips now too - and you can then add lenses as budget allows and expand your reportoire! :mrgreen:

I just got a used 300D from adorama for $309(body only) and kit lens $50(craigslist). I could have gotten the kit from Adorama or B&H for about $400. I was on a very tight budget(I really wasn't supposed to spend anything;) ). I will be upgrading the lens when I get some birthday money. Until then, the kit lens is working well for most things I need.

I don't have the massive zoom my wife has on her Fuji S5200(10X), but I was pretty disappointed with the image quality at anything other than 100ISO on her camera. (I tend to want to make large prints and the 300d holds up better than the 5200)

Dug

I'd recommend a secondhand 300D as well, that's exactly what i've just started out with! Got it off Ebay for about £230, which should just come within your $450 budget when converted. Make sure you get the kit version that comes with the 18-55mm EF-S lens and not the body only!

Decent capacity mem cards are cheap as chips now too - and you can then add lenses as budget allows and expand your reportoire! :mrgreen:

well is the 300D very good....i mean i have found a digital rebel xt with lens for about $470 and a K100d for the same price after rebate

also does the 300D have a tv mode......cause i want to do the same effect as in this tutorial
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/54125258/

or is there another way to do this without photoshop

The XT(350D) is the newer version of the 300D. They both have a Tv(shutter priority) mode.

Most reactions

Back