Which fisheye is this?

TonyUSA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last edited by a moderator:
Look for circular fisheye lenses. Could be 10.5mm, 12mm, 15mm, depends on format size AND lens length. This is most likely not a rectilinear lens.I say is most-likely not rectilinear, since you can FAKE this look in Lightroom, by applying different lens 'correction' profiles to normal W-A images.

Thank you, Derrel.

Look for circular fisheye lenses. Could be 10.5mm, 12mm, 15mm, depends on format size AND lens length. This is most likely not a rectilinear lens.I say is most-likely not rectilinear, since you can FAKE this look in Lightroom, by applying different lens 'correction' profiles to normal W-A images.

"Circular" fisheyes do not have parts of the image in the corners. They produce a circular image within the frame.

If this image was taken with a circular fisheye, it's been cropped in post.

Sorry, you're right, my bad on using the term "circular fisheye". I guess I should have even more,more,more more-clearly stated, "Look into non-rectilinear fisheye lenses." Good catch Cap'n!

Look into what she shoots with. Then think post-processing software. Think cropping the images, so they do not suck so much.

Perhaps, if you approach her nicely, she might even let you know what, exact equipment she uses. Look itnot what's available for youyr camera system, here. Fisheye lens - Wikipedia

Since you own a Canon d-slr, consider some different lenses, from "other" manufacturers, at much lower cost than Canon offerings.

Thank you very much. I contacted her and she told me she used Canon 8-15mm f/4.

Since you own a Canon d-slr, consider some different lenses, from "other" manufacturers, at much lower cost than Canon offerings.
How about IQ compare to Canon? Will using with 5D III.

Most reactions

Back