Who has dealt with Canon's refurbished outlet?

play18now

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking at picking up a new lens and I wanted to check if anyone has ever bought a refurbished lens from Canon. I don't have any problems with buying used, but I was wondering if they actually service the lens before reselling, or if they just supply a warranty so if something goes wrong it can be fixed. Any input would be appreciated.

I purchased a "Manufacturer Refurbished" 7D and a 70-300 IS USM from B&H and must say I cannot tell that they are not new!! They were received in perfect condition, but that is not a guarantee. I believe the majority of the refurbs are barely used/returned items that cannot be resold as new. However I am sure there may be a few lemons in the pack that were returned for repair and may not be as perfect.

Most the reviews I read before purchasing indicated a very large number of happy customers with a few not so happy in the group. I will most likely buy refurbished again.

I purchased a 7d and have been very happy. No problems. I even won a grand champion at the county fair with a picture taken with the 7d.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back