Who likes horses??

FadeOut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Saw these guys while I was out working today. Let me know what you think, c&c always appreciated, thanks! :)

Horses-2_zps6ac8eb4c.jpg

Horses-1_zpsfabc94a3.jpg

Horses-3_zps31adddcb.jpg

Best advice I can give is to be mindful of cropping the ears. The ears are an emotional signal of the animal. Missing part of the ear is tantamount to missing part of the story.

#1, but mainly #2, needs more neck.

A touch of flash would help these immensely.

Good looking steeds. Thanks for sharing.

Best advice I can give is to be mindful of cropping the ears. The ears are an emotional signal of the animal. Missing part of the ear is tantamount to missing part of the story.

#1, but mainly #2, needs more neck.

A touch of flash would help these immensely.

Good looking steeds. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the advice! unfortunately I lost the top of the ear on the first one due to cropping to straighten the horizon out.

I see what you mean about the 2nd one, looks more like a head mount like this.... thanks again :)

Last edited:
And sadly I don't have a flash yet.....

I don't know Canon digital too well, but even the built-in flash can help in a pinch. Read your user manual about adjusting the output of the built-in flash. Then practice. Even a light touch could make a significant difference.

I don't know Canon digital too well, but even the built-in flash can help in a pinch. Read your user manual about adjusting the output of the built-in flash. Then practice. Even a light touch could make a significant difference.

I will read up on that, I guess I just thought the on board flash was bad voodoo from what I've read, learn something everyday!

It is a shame for the ear's being clipped. I think #3 is great with the darker, out of focus, horse in the BG.

makes me miss my mustang. and Arabian, and my Appaloosa.
mind the ears when you frame. a little more neck would have been nice too, but overall some good shots.

Awe... That first photo is my fave. His/her shaggy hair is to die for! I don't like that you cropped the ears though. If you would have gone just a wee bit wider the composition would have been great!

Thanks for all the comments guys! Sorry about the ears being cut off.. but now I know.

Here is an original crop of the first picture, like I said before I cropped it to fix the horizon, but sounds like keeping the ears is the better call here, let me know, thanks!

Horseoriginalcrop_zpsdeb7951b.jpg

First time I ever rode a horse I ended up on the ground. Nice shots though. :)

Thanks for the comments guys! :)
When I was younger a horse stepped on my foot, squished it like a pancake!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back