Who says the Polaroid concept is dead.

Ever checked out Impossible's film prices and quality?

"it costs a lot of money to look this cheap" - dolly parton

They could have at least doctored those sample images with better color.

Impossible film is really very unreliable and extremely expensive. Fuji instant film is great on the other hand and, whilst not inexpensive, much cheaper. Won't fit the camera in the link, though.

why can't they just make a small inkjet printer attached to a digital camera.

Hey, Gary!!! where have you been lately? This is turning into old home week. And I didn't need to see that camera... lol I'll probably stick to my SX-70 and my Colorpack, etc.

They do make a Polaroid with a 'printer' attached! well more or less, the one that you load with Zink paper, take a picture digitally, and out pops the picture.

Worlds colliding, Polaroid and digital...

I haven't had too much difficulty with The Impossible Project films, a bit of a learning curve but I got in the habit of covering the picture (stick it under something or in my pocket or whatever to keep it in the dark - which you don't have to do anymore). The film does start to dry up at some point so it doesn't last in the fridge for years like Polaroid peel apart film. I find that they (integral film images) don't scan true to the originals (and you can't go by pictures of pictures on a website). The scans just don't seem to capture what you actually get in that little packet of chemistry and paper that pops out of the camera. Maybe since it's not flat like paper has something to do with it.

I think the cost of anything is relative, I'd rather spend money on what I enjoy such as shooting Polaroids (within reason) instead of something else.

I just don't see the appeal, a bulky & expensive way to get shots worse than your phone produces.
Analog does have some appeal but even if this film was no more than 35mm film/printing, I'd prefer the 35mm (or 120) route.

Im a peel apart fan but my Fuji Instax is fun for vacation and such

I just don't see the appeal, a bulky & expensive way to get shots worse than your phone produces.
Analog does have some appeal but even if this film was no more than 35mm film/printing, I'd prefer the 35mm (or 120) route.
Hey, don't be such a downer, their next new idea is a stone slab and chisel for that neo-retro look and appeal. (The stones will come with a variety of pre-carved borders to choose from.)

That's my favorite... it's a joy to use.

Most reactions

Back