why can't we nominate photos

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
from the personal galleries for photo of the month? Ever notice some of the better photos (not all) go straight into personal galleries because they don't bother with getting a critique?

I've never fully understood those who only post photos to the gallery since it really isn't part of hte forums social structure as such. I assume many simply use the site as a free host for their photos to show people.

Most of the competitions are based around promoting social interactions on the forum and supporting the community in itself. Thus it makes sense to focus on involving those who are part of the active contributing community.

Nothing stops you sending a message to the creator of a photo in the galleries and saying "hey I think your photo of "insert name here" is fantastic; really I'd love to nominate it in the photo of the month competition (you could even put a link to it) if you'd post it in the main forums.

Best result is they'll take part; join into the society and have some fun and hopefully learn some stuff too (or if they are more experienced share their knowledge and experiences with the rest of us). Worst is that they just ignore your message - but that won't harm anyone.

So I'd say go for it - just send a quick message and see if you can convince them to join in.

Most reactions

Back