Why go if you ain't low?

lloydh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lloydh.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Posted some shots like these the other day and thought I would post some more for you all. So hope you like them, all taken with a nikon d80 and nikkor 70-300mm vr

Typhoon
Eurofighter Typhoon by www.lloydh.co.uk, on Flickr

Tornado GR4
Panavia Tornado GR4 "Shiny Two" by www.lloydh.co.uk, on Flickr

Tornado GR4
Rotated GR4 by www.lloydh.co.uk, on Flickr

Hawk T1
Hawk from corris by www.lloydh.co.uk, on Flickr

Tornado GR4
Rotated Panavia Tornado GR4 by www.lloydh.co.uk, on Flickr

Tornado GR4
Panavia Tornado GR4 by www.lloydh.co.uk, on Flickr

Typhoon
Eurofighter Typhoon by www.lloydh.co.uk, on Flickr

Hawk T1
Hawk T1 by www.lloydh.co.uk, on Flickr

QinetiQ Alpha Jet
QinetiQ Dassault Dornier Alpha Jet by www.lloydh.co.uk, on Flickr

Hercules C-130
Hercules C-130J by www.lloydh.co.uk, on Flickr

2 Ship of Typhoons
Eurofighter typhoon 2 ship by www.lloydh.co.uk, on Flickr

Tornado GR4 "Shiny Two"
Tornado GR4 "Shiny Two" of 2 squadron by www.lloydh.co.uk, on Flickr

Hope you like them :thumbup:
If you want to see anymore just let me know :) I bet your getting bored of them by now though lol!

Like your previous post these pictures are excellent.

2d7g7s4.jpg

Those are the best pictures of military aircrafts I've ever seen. And I'm not joking.

Where did you take them? Air show?

Thanks a lot :D

No it wasn't an air show, its the RAF practising low level flying. These were taken in the United Kingdom :thumbup:

Am I correct in assuming that these were taken from another aircraft?

That seems to be the only logical way that I can think of that you could get such sharp and wonderful pics like these.

Many of these look like they were shot from above too, and that is another reason I think this.

Are you aircrew, and if so for what aircraft?

I worked aviation operations in the U.S. Navy for 8 years. I knew many aircrew guys, although I was not myself.

Sorry I always forget to say when posting these. They were actually taken from a mountain in the united kingdom, unfortunately not the glamour of air to air put still produces amazing photos :D

I'm not aircrew either but I am hoping to join the raf as a photographer in 3 1/2 years when my medical record is clear of my asthma

Sorry I always forget to say when posting these. They were actually taken from a mountain in the united kingdom, unfortunately not the glamour of air to air put still produces amazing photos :D

I'm not aircrew either but I am hoping to join the raf as a photographer in 3 1/2 years when my medical record is clear of my asthma
Well I think they would be lucky to have you. I really mean that.

You pretty much nailed every aspect of these.

These are by far the best photos of this type that I have ever seen. I have seen hundreds and maybe thousands of shots taken by U.S. Navy and Air Force photographers of military aircraft over the years, so I know what I am talking about.

Sometimes those guys even fail at the basics like proper exposure, or the necessary shutter speed required to isolate subject movement resulting in blur.

I love to critique their work now because it helps me to learn, and they usually post the images with EXIF data so it’s easy to do so.

We have F-16s here at the base I work at, and they are always posting shots of them on the official website.

I am a bit shocked that these were just from a mountain, and I though for sure that they were from aircraft.

They must have been going very low for you to get the angles that you did...

Outstanding job on these, and you clearly have the gift.

- Neil

Thank you so much. It really means a lot to me to have that kind of praise from someone who obviously knows what they are talking about :)

As for their height they are limited to 200-250ft so they are very low, helicopters are cleared down to just 50ft I will post some apaches I have got from here when I get home tomorrow :D

Really good stuff. The ground as the background helps tremendously in adding scale and a sense of speed to these images. Sooooooo much better than sky as a background....worlds better!

Really good stuff. The ground as the background helps tremendously in adding scale and a sense of speed to these images. Sooooooo much better than sky as a background....worlds better!

Derrel,

If you didnt see the first set that was posted check those out too.

Simple incredible! :thumbup:

All of these shots were taken from a mountain ? none from any other aircraft ?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back