Why no FAQ or stickies? Or a stickied FAQs thread...?

Antithesis

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.epanderson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It just came to my attention that there aren't any FAQ stickies that I'm aware of. The mods should start compiling threads into a general FAQ Thread and have just that posted. It can be really helpful, I've seen it on car forums before and it's beyond useful.

And we can keep the ongoing Canon vs Nikon thread in there too! :lol:

Might be a better idea (or rather as an addition to) if memebers were asked to write guides which could be complied into a sticky thread (or several depending on subject).
In other words build a sticky knowledge pool for the site - there are good members here who could write bits on apature, shutter speeds as well as kit comparisions.

ps - it is recegnised that such threads won't really reduce the number of new posts asking which is better between canon or nikon or any of the others, but would serve as good refrences for members to give to such threads and also mean that the same users don't have to keep writing out the same thing over and over :)

I just think it would be a nice place for people to post up important threads of interest, and then have the OP compile it into a comprehensive list.

There could be a whole write-up/tutorial section as well.

this is why i started putting a bunch of links in my sig :)

I'd keep adding, but I hit the space limit for my sig. :(

Well, if there is a FAQ thread, it'll free up that room for more important stuff. Like.. uhh, quotes or funny sayings or something.

In other words build a sticky knowledge pool for the site - there are good members here who could write bits on apature, shutter speeds as well as kit comparisions.

totally agree, because the search function isn't very good...

is it that difficult to spell aperture though? it seems to be a big problem on this forum

I thought it was spelled aperature for a long time. I think everyone has to get it wrong when they are starting out.

Speaking of spelling, lose is another quite common misspelled word here. Everyone seems to spell it with two 'O's.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back