Wide angle lens plus black and white

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I never have been a real big fan of black and white photography. I see some I like and lots I dont. I thought I would give it a shot and ask you folks what you thought about this image.

This is my son we at the soccer field this weekend and I only had my wide angle with me.
When I took this this shot I was wanting to see the effect of how the distortion would play effect at 12mm with a close shot. I know that with the wide lens it makes people look funny sometimes or dogs if the are close they have long faces and noses.

I used the D7000
Tokina 12-24mm
F9
1/125s
hand held
no flash
ISO 100

The high F9 would not be typically used in a portrait but I was taking some landscape pictures and my son came up and I looked through my lens and while looking through the view finder I thought wow this is weird wonder what it will look like, so I snapped away

I shot this RAW and used PS CS5 to make some adjustments with distortion both horizontal and vertical. I brought the saturation down. Then I used Nik color effects for a glamor glow effect with about 50 opacity. Then I used photomatix for a bit of tone mapping because I wanted something more out of the photo. It looked to flat. I then copied the eyes and used an unsharp mask to bring out some highlights.

This is the end result.

zeah by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Please critique

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back