Wide Open

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Two from nearby the Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve.

Goldfields carpet the way to ...
780-er0212.jpg

... A proliferation of Poppies
780-d3er0214.jpg

WOW! :shock:

While I'm not too fond of the cyan-rush the second photo is going through (you must have decided on this for a reason, I am sure, maybe to make it look like a planet of its own?), I do like the vast amount of flowers alone - in both photos! - and the colouring of the first.

For how long is the desert going to look like this?

Interesting location!

I like the second the most, 'cause its more gentle to the eyes than the other...

WOW! :shock:

While I'm not too fond of the cyan-rush the second photo is going through (you must have decided on this for a reason, I am sure, maybe to make it look like a planet of its own?), I do like the vast amount of flowers alone - in both photos! - and the colouring of the first.

For how long is the desert going to look like this?

It looks like maybe the shadow/highlight and curves adjustment brought out just a little too much blue in the grass on the second. I'm good with it though- other shots I see look so flat compared to what I see there.

Anyway, these were taken last Monday. Tuesday, the lacey phacelia came out in full force turning the hills blue/purple. I think the peak bloom period is on the downside. This year, the show lasts for about 3-4 weeks. I'll be out there again the day after the full moon and will try to get some shots in the moonlight. I'm hoping there will be some streaks of color left. About ten years ago there was an outstanding bloom. I went by at night under a full moon and the hills were actually glowing. This last visit I watched the poppies blowing in the wind along the side of a hill and it looked like embers glowing in a fire.

Interesting location!

I like the second the most, 'cause its more gentle to the eyes than the other...

The California State Poppy Reserve in the Antelope Valley, western Mojave Desert is the place for wildflower displays, if they're happening, in the spring. Blue lupine, yellow goldfields, purple lacey phacelia and owl's clover as well as poppies take turns painting the desert grasslands with pure color.

WOW stunning shots.....I love the second picture great vast of poppies.

Most reactions

Back