Wierd color blotching with Canon Digital Photo Professional 4 (DPP4)

jgharris7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am using Canon Digital Photo Professional 4 on Windows 7 on raw photos from a Canon 7D Mark II.
When I am editing the photos I see red blotches where there are blown out highlights, as in the first screenshot below. When I use the Tool palette and just go to the lens aberration correction pane, the defect goes away. It returns as soon as I exit that pane.

What is going on and how do I fix this?

upload_2016-7-10_15-51-54.png

Now I just click on the lens aberration correction tool and it goes away, but returns as soon as I go back to another pane.

upload_2016-7-10_15-53-25.png

!@^&&!### I think I found the answer to my bad question---I had selected last night the "highlight" and "shadow" warning feature. The red blotch was on a blown out highlight!!! When I checked it I thought I would see the highlights blink or shimmer, not having a constant red color!

!@^&&!### I think I found the answer to my bad question---I had selected last night the "highlight" and "shadow" warning feature. The red blotch was on a blown out highlight!!! When I checked it I thought I would see the highlights blink or shimmer, not having a constant red color!
:lol: Exactly the same as Lightroom.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back