Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
sewing is my wifes hobby.
she just finished quilting a baby blanket with the new Husqvarna machine she got. (longer neck for quilting)
she makes these (among other things) and sells them.
this one was done in Flannel. sometimes she uses cotton.
shes getting ready to set up an Etsy page to sell online.
she does requests if anyone's intererested.

View attachment 38372

The quilting looks perfect! Is that the machine or is she just that good guiding it by hand?

she has a Husqvarna sewing machine. the stitching is done on the machine, but she still has to move the fabric to make the arc's. its not an embroidery machine that moves by itself to make the patterns. she's just good. all of the positioning is done by hand. the machine only stitches in a straight line.

The perfect quilt to calibrated your computer. What a thoughtful wife

Your wife does great work on the machine quilting. It is hard to feed the material through to get symmetric even lines. I make embrodered & quilted small pillows as graduation gifts. Dusted off the machine last week and made 3 pillows, 2 basket liners for my daughter, and hemmed a pair of pants. The most I used the machine in a year. People don't sew as much anymore and your wife should sell a lot on Etsy. Does she have her page set up?

Beautiful work (and lots of hard work!)

Pixmedic,

Your wife does nice work. You'll have to pony up for a long arm quilter at some point.

I bought one for my wife 5 years ago. They are not cheap, they take up a lot of room and require a pretty massive support structure but the reward in banked brownie points is well worth it.

Pixmedic,

Your wife does nice work. You'll have to pony up for a long arm quilter at some point.

I bought one for my wife 5 years ago. They are not cheap, they take up a lot of room and require a pretty massive support structure but the reward in banked brownie points is well worth it.

Were in an apartment. As it is, the master bedroom became the sewing room. No way a longarm will fit.

That's really a nice looking blanket.:thumbup:

Your wife does great work on the machine quilting. It is hard to feed the material through to get symmetric even lines. I make embrodered & quilted small pillows as graduation gifts. Dusted off the machine last week and made 3 pillows, 2 basket liners for my daughter, and hemmed a pair of pants. The most I used the machine in a year. People don't sew as much anymore and your wife should sell a lot on Etsy. Does she have her page set up?

Etsy page isnt set up yet. shes been working on getting a bunch of stuff made prior to going online with it. some baby quilts, receiving blankets, adult blankets, pillowcases, who knows what else. the overlock machine helps too on the blankets.

I wish I could quilt. haha

Most reactions

Back