Will Pentax K1000 manual lens work with digital cameras?

JimTrail

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello forum!

Question: Will Pentax K1000 (35mm film camera) lens work with the newer Pentax digital cameras?

I have got 1980's Pentax K1000 camera. The camera uses film. The lens for the camera is a Promaster Spectrum 7 lens. It says "Auto zoom macro 1:3.9~4.8 f=28 ~70mm 55 No. 9800335"

I am looking around for a new Pentax digital camera. I was just wondering if my old K1000 lens would work with the new Pentax cameras. Also, I was wondering if the same lens would work with other camera like Canon and Nikon.

Thanks for the help in advance.

If they both use the K mount, they should work together, but not sure if the auto features will work.

Hello forum!

Question: Will Pentax K1000 (35mm film camera) lens work with the newer Pentax digital cameras?

I have got 1980's Pentax K1000 camera. The camera uses film. The lens for the camera is a Promaster Spectrum 7 lens. It says "Auto zoom macro 1:3.9~4.8 f=28 ~70mm 55 No. 9800335"

I am looking around for a new Pentax digital camera. I was just wondering if my old K1000 lens would work with the new Pentax cameras. Also, I was wondering if the same lens would work with other camera like Canon and Nikon.

Thanks for the help in advance.

The K1000 SLR uses a Pentax K-Mount beyonet lens system. All K-mount lenses will work on Pentax's dSLR line up, as they are K mount lenses as well.

Pentax in earlier years used the M42 Screw mount system on their early Spotmatic SLR's, which would not work on the dSLR models. The M42-Screw mount died in 1976, when Pentax debut the K1000 and the Pentax K Bayonet. Even the spotmatics after 1976 and later used all K-Mount beyonet systems.

Hope that helps.

^^^^ A good link.
K1000 uses as a standard M lenses. They will work but only in manual and I think aperture priority modes. No AF.

On my K100DS they work, manual focus and you have to go into the menu to 'allow' the camera to work with them. Simple, direct, easy. (but manual) Set the aperture ring where you want and let the camera decide on shutter or go all manual.

Most reactions

Back