winter abstract

KenC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
abs123010pb.jpg

Thanks, Frequency. Actually this is the original RGB file with no adjustments to the color at all, but I removed a couple of tiny colored spots from the image. The whole image has a blue cast, so I put it in the bw gallery because it's essentially a toned bw.

I love this kind of stuff. Well done.

Thanks, Mendoza. It's always nice to find a fan of abstracts; most people just scratch their heads or say "what is it?" (the answer of course is "what do you want it to be?"). One time someone looking at a shot of a peeled-off sticker actually started trying to read the few little scraps of lettering on it.

Well, as to what this might be, my guess is: frozen puddle with not yet frozen water underneath the ice. I'm guessing so as my latest frozen puddle photo looks like this .

Well, as to what this might be, my guess is: frozen puddle with not yet frozen water underneath the ice. I'm guessing so as my latest frozen puddle photo looks like this .

OK, OK, I'll discuss what it actually was: salt crystallized on a black marble wall in Center City Philadelphia, about 1-2 feet from the ground. I walked around the city on Thursday after a lot of the snow had been cleared away and saw this just a couple of minutes after I came up from the train station.

So, seriously, how did it make you feel?

Texture is the best for all seasons. Good work!

One time someone looking at a shot of a peeled-off sticker actually started trying to read the few little scraps of lettering on it.

Sometimes such letterings/words/sentences there can add much irony to the image, making that a powerful one; why, sometimes the photographer expects the viewer to read them. So i think close inspection demands such perusals too ;) .

Regards :D

Great! I love it.

This is just remarkable, friend. I love this kind of stuff as well :D

Thanks, everyone! I'll post some more soon.

I can see Admiral Ackbar riding a unicorn, and a disgruntled looking grasshopper as well. Nice work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back