BKSPicture

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.bkspicture.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$Untitled-23.jpg

Have looked at this picture for some time now and have quite mixed feelings if it works or not.
It was a very quick snapshot and I missed the focus just a little.
And the person is slightly out of focus but the treebranches are.

What do you think?

Man, My eye goes right the sun and can't move.

Maybe crop the sun out and burn that corner just a touch? I can't tell about focus, it is a little small for that.

I like the twisty tree branches, curving path into the forest and the walker's shadow.

Yeah, mine too. If you cropped the top to remove the sun and displayed it fairly small so the softness wasn't that evident, it would be a good image.

I think the sun balances the figure. Instead of cropping, tone the sun down and emphasize the figure for better balance.

It's still pretty busy, though.

$foo.jpg

I like Amolitor's edit best, but for me, the figure ruins the shot completely...well, sorta-kinda and this is very much tongue in cheek, only for laughs and not at all meant to disparage your image. It is strictly for me to say: "what if?" Everyone does this kind of suggestive critique, I just did mine physically.

While I didn't like the figure, per se, I loved his shadow and exploited that aspect of the image.

$figure.jpg

Very true that the sun takes to much attention but I was more wondering about how the focus is placed.
Have not done any editing more the adjusting the levels.

I can't tell about focus, it is a little small for that.

You get a higher res image if you click on it.
Its 675x1000 and you get quite a good feel of the image there.

The softness of the figure doesn't bother me at all.

I like Amolitor's edit best, but for me, the figure ruins the shot completely...well, sorta-kinda and this is very much tongue in cheek, only for laughs and not at all meant to disparage your image. It is strictly for me to say: "what if?" Everyone does this kind of suggestive critique, I just did mine physically.

While I didn't like the figure, per se, I loved his shadow and exploited that aspect of the image.

View attachment 39164

Well that fixes the problem that persone is not in focus :)
But removing something that big in a picture is not something i'm comfortable doing.
The image gets a bit closer of being digital art then a photo.
Not that its any thing wronge with that and a nice image is still a nice image no matter how its done.

But it looks like you have done a nice job cloning and I really appreciat the feedback, thanks!

You get a higher res image if you click on it.
Its 675x1000 and you get quite a good feel of the image there.

Oops! I like their edits better than mine too!

Well that fixes the problem that persone is not in focus :)
But removing something that big in a picture is not something i'm comfortable doing.
The image gets a bit closer of being digital art then a photo.
Not that its any thing wronge with that and a nice image is still a nice image no matter how its done.

But it looks like you have done a nice job cloning and I really appreciat the feedback, thanks!

I agree that it is a very unnatural look and far more graphic than photographic. For me, it was just a fun image to play with and I generally can only play with images already in a good place. Your original just needs a little more work.

Most reactions

Back