manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Salem%20Courthouse%20and%20Library%20-%20019%20TrueSight.jpg

C&C welcome, and yes this is tonemapped.

Wonder if that librarian is tone deaf? :)

The warm hues in this are great. Those portraits somehow make me think of Hogwarts!

And the tone mapping has resulted in a wonderful exposure.

I'm sure Chris will answer your question, but if it were me, my answer would be so that it's easier to consider each on its own merits and not overwhelm the viewer with 6 in one thread.

I'm sure Chris will answer your question, but if it were me, my answer would be so that it's easier to consider each on its own merits and not overwhelm the viewer with 6 in one thread.

Which is exactly what he explained earlier on.

Harder to keep track of the series but I agree with him. Look at one image at a time and deal only with that one. Not very easy when you've been following the series :lol:

manaheim = not my favorite. So darn busy my eyes don't know where to stop and rest. True, this is probably a busy place (as it should be) but the lack of human beings makes it look like it is busy in spite of our humanbeingness :D

And although you can't do anything about it the way you went and shot this but the lights on top of the skylights are annoying as h*ll.

Wonder if that librarian is tone deaf? :)

The warm hues in this are great. Those portraits somehow make me think of Hogwarts!

And the tone mapping has resulted in a wonderful exposure.

Thanks. Yeah, those portraits were so cool... such a range of ages, clearly different artists, all different sizes, and hung in this bizarro haphazard fashion on the railing. It made for a very odd and somewhat eerie effect.

Thanks for the compliment. Very glad you enjoyed the image.

All your courthouse shots are great, but why does each one need a new thread?

Yup, that's it. Esp. where it didn't feel like most of these belonged in any kind of short series, so I figured best to post them for individual discussion (if any).

Usually I don't find I have THIS many shots that I like enough to share from one session, so it's generally not that big of a deal... in this case, though... there were like 8 or 10.

Harder to keep track of the series but I agree with him. Look at one image at a time and deal only with that one. Not very easy when you've been following the series :lol:

heheh...

manaheim = not my favorite. So darn busy my eyes don't know where to stop and rest. True, this is probably a busy place (as it should be) but the lack of human beings makes it look like it is busy in spite of our humanbeingness :D

hehe, actually I'm not sure you liked any of them! :lol:

To be honest, your reaction was exactly what I was trying to capture. (oh my god, someone mark the calendar... I was trying to capture a feeling and maybe I actually got it! :lol:)

The place was like static chaos. I can't even really adequately describe it. There probably wasn't 2' of floor space that wasn't occupied by something. There was stuff on the walls, floors and tables that ranged in age from 2 minutes (PCs and the like) to 300 years (old pictures, books, etc.) I have one picture (which isn't pretty, but I'll share it at some point) where you can see how the head of the library turned the ENORMOUS fireplace... into his office. I kid you not. His office was in the fireplace.

Oh... and look more carefully. There actually is a human being in that picture. :)

And although you can't do anything about it the way you went and shot this but the lights on top of the skylights are annoying as h*ll.

hahaha... I love that. :lol: More chaos.

To be honest, your reaction was exactly what I was trying to capture. (oh my god, someone mark the calendar... I was trying to capture a feeling and maybe I actually got it! :lol:)

The place was like static chaos. I can't even really adequately describe it. There probably wasn't 2' of floor space that wasn't occupied by something. There was stuff on the walls, floors and tables that ranged in age from 2 minutes (PCs and the like) to 300 years (old pictures, books, etc.) I have one picture (which isn't pretty, but I'll share it at some point) where you can see how the head of the library turned the ENORMOUS fireplace... into his office. I kid you not. His office was in the fireplace.

Oh... and look more carefully. There actually is a human being in that picture. :)

hahaha... I love that. :lol: More chaos.

You did get that feeling. Darn, we are going to turn you into an artist :D

I think you actually got 2 people. Right in the middle, bottom edge you can see the top of someone's head.

As for the lights seen through the skylight what bothers me is the idea that there's another roof on top.

Can't wait to see the fireplace/office. I just love huge old fireplaces. A friend in France lives in an old farmhouse and inside the fireplace, one on each side, there is a built in stone bench. People used to just sit in there and chat in the winter. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back