wolf portrait

dinucringuri

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$4.jpg

C&C please, guys!

Good, but you shall have waited for the wolf to look at you; its eyes look so sad, which makes it look not majestic at all contrary to these photos:

$sc2pic159.jpg $grey-wolf_565_600x450.jpg

Good sharp shot and you really nailed the lighting well in the eyes!
A lower angle can work well with animals though, it brings the viewer down to their eye level to look "at" them as opposed to down to them. With the head at a slightly dipped angle as it is in your shot this looking down feeling can feel "mundane" as its the viewing angle we expect to see (ergo the photo presents nothing new) - a lower angle (or the wolf looking with a very fixated and clear direction - either away or toward the viewer) works well.

I won't say that a wolf (or indeed any animal) must "look" like it has a certain quality or aspect or attribute since the message isn't in telling the photographer what to show but either what the photographer wishes to show or what the story before them tells them to tell (ergo what the wolf itself is showing to the photographer). The idea that a certain animal has a "quality" that must show through is, nice, but not really true at all save in fantasy books.

Also GRafyx are those your own wolf photos? I ask because I'm sure I've seen both of them floating around the net a lot. We have no problem if they are yours (copyright and/or distribution rights) but if they are not please change them to links to the original sources instead of embedded images

Most reactions

New Topics

Back