Worst christmas present Ever

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Christmass was going so well untill I got home to find out that my kitten, Martok is dying :(

A couple days ago he was rammin around and playing with his brother Scar and now he can't even stand up, letalone eat. Poor guy got ambushed by fleas. He is technically still too young for flea treatment but we did it anyway when he started really having problems, but I think it's too late. Sitting here at work is hope my brother keeps an eye on him and tries to get some food into him and keep him comfortable.

:(

Wow, sorry. :(

Never heard of fleas so bad it actually lead to quick passing of an animal. With it being young, maybe something else was wrong?

Oh nooooo!
So sad!
Oh, WHAT a pity!
I did not know fleas could attack a kitten in such a manner that it DIES from the attack. Boy, that's sad!

When they are still young cats can literally be bleed to the point of fatal anemia, reasonably quickly. Under normal circumstances we can catch this before it gets to this point and tend to it but, this time it happened so damn quickly and during one time of the year when we are frequently out of the house.

I photographed him on the fifteenth and he was playing with his brother just a few days ago. When I left this morning he was sleeping draped over his mother on top of a box, I got home from the Christmas get together with my GF's family and was getting ready to head out to see some of my family. When I went into the kitchen to drop off the thermos I had he stagered across the floor trying to get to me. In under forty-eight hours he went from wrestling with his brother to having to put every bit of energy he has into standing up only to fall on his face after a few steps. It is truly disheartening to see. I literally dropped four cameras and did not care I was so devistated, I never even saw him slow down.

One has to have a pet that they own and love, to really understand how much we can love our pets.

Sorry for your loss of one of yours.

When time comes, get another one...

They add some much more to our lives than they "take" from us.

I have a Beagle who has thyroid troubles, has to take medication the rest of his life, he even travels with us, or we don't go.

Can't imagine not having him around underfoot.

Aww, that is so sad, my deepest condolences. My boyfriend recently lost his cat, Sam, whom he had for 18 years. I'm really sorry to hear about the passing of Martok :(

Sorry to hear about your loss, it can be pretty devastating! I lost a kitten I was trying to save and was not able to be myself for a while after loosing him.

Thanks guys, We have had a minimum of two kittens in this house at anygiven time since 2000. That said, I've lost kittens before for various reasons but never like this. I know the tell tale signs of anemia brought on by fleas as well as a few early detection indicators and know how to deal with the situation, but he showed none or I was just unable to see them due to not being home much in the last few days, by the simt I saw it, it was too late.

Aww geez Battou, that really sucks.

We had to sacrifice our oldest cat a while back 'cause she had Cancer... Still makes me sad:(. Still, everything's for the better right? Soon after that, we got an awesome cat named Tom :goodvibe:. I'm sure your cat enjoyed it's time in your company. Who knows? Maybe it'll lead to something amazing.

Phil,

Battou, sorry to hear on the passing of Martok. :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back