Wtb:Canon body/lense converter

the hank

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Greets all, I have a Canon 450d and I would like to buy/find a converter in order to run this lense on the body, can someone suggest what i need to get?
This old lense was used on a old Canon camera my Dad used to own..

The lense is : Super cosina 100-300
The small (macro?) adapter says: kenko 2x apk teleplus mc4

Any suggestions or know if its even possible.
TIA.
Hank

canon.jpg

Actually...

Canon's old mount (the "FD" mount) is one of the very few lenses for which there aren't converters. It has to do with sensor/film to flange distance. There are a couple really obscure mounts that nobody bothers to make converters for, but the FD is... *I think* the only one where it's impossible.

That is not an C/FD lens, the bayonet is all sorts of wrong, it looks almost like an M/MD.

I do confess that I dunno what the FD mount even looks like, so I would of course defer to you, the FD holiness of TPF on this.

So I guess that

an old Canon camera my Dad used to own..

isn't an old Canon at all...

I do confess that I dunno what the FD mount even looks like, so I would of course defer to you, the FD holiness of TPF on this.

So I guess that

Yeah, I shoot the FD mount, I would be happy to take some shots tomorrow to show the different mounts of the Canon FD series, I have them both.

Also, I could be wrong on the mount that is on that lens, I do have it on some of my other lenses. It is either a Minolta MD or Olympus OM, But I would have to check. Sadly I do not have them with me at this time. I will know for sure tomorrow.

Aditionally, I do believe that is a 2X teleconverter, not an adapter.

Aditionally, I do believe that is a 2X teleconverter, not an adapter.

kenko 2x apk teleplus mc4

Yup, that's a teleconverter. Now that I look at it, could "mc4" signify the MC mount, which is the same as the SR mount, which is the same as the MD mount, which is the same as the X-600 mount?
Actually the differences between the lenses branded like that are, and I copy and paste:

wiki said:
SR - 1958-1966: Plain SR-bayonet featuring automatic diaphragm. Lenses are labelled Rokkor (pre-set) or Auto Rokkor (automatic diaphragm)

MC
- 1966-1977: Meter coupling added (often called MC bayonet) allowing full-aperture TTL measurement. Lenses are labelled MC Rokkor.MD - 1977-1983:

MD
lever added, which allows the reading of the smallest available aperture, often referred to as MD bayonet. Lenses are labelled MD or MD Rokkor (or MD Rokkor-X in North American markets.)

X-600
- 1983-1998: X-600 mount reporting the lens maximum aperture design from the lens to the camera body which then engaged different sensitivity auto focus confirmation sensors in the camera body.

(side note: that X-600 feature sounds kinda interesting.)

The physical lens mounts are the same though. I think it's... *that* mount. The minolta manual focus SR-MC-MD-X600 mount.

kenko 2x apk teleplus mc4

Yup, that's a teleconverter. Now that I look at it, could "mc4" signify the MC mount, which is the same as the SR mount, which is the same as the MD mount, which is the same as the X-600 mount?
Actually the differences between the lenses branded like that are, and I copy and paste:

I do not know, it seems possible. To be honest I have often wondered and never found an answer to what the second numbers on my TCs are. My C/FD Vivitar TC is a 2X - 4 and my O/OM Vivitar TC is 2X - 2. I assumed it was optimal max apriture compatibility (I.E. 2X - 4 on 5.6 lens results in dark viewfinder and focusing issues), but I could be wrong.

Here is an FD to Canon AF adapter:

CLICK

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Here is an FD to Canon AF adapter:

CLICK

Yes, the FD to EF adapter was available, but they where not known to be of great quality, including the Canon ones. I did not go into that because this lens is not C/FD, such an adapter is of no use to this individual.

Additionally, it is infact a Minolta mounting lens.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes, the FD to EF adapter was available, but they where not known to be of great quality, including the Canon ones. I did not go into that because this lens is not C/FD, such an adapter is of no use to this individual.

Additionally, it is infact a Minolta mounting lens.

Actually my reply was not to your post but rather to reg's. Sorry about the confusion. ;)

Actually my reply was not to your post but rather to reg's. Sorry about the confusion. ;)

I know you know your mounts and I assumed that it was not directed twards me but I wanted to clarify just to be safe. ;)

So I guess that

Here is the Canon FD mount. She is an odd one, Unlike most all the lenses are Female and the bodies male and is available in both breech lock and bayonet.

Known body use of the FD mount are as followes: Canon models EF, AE-1, FX, FP, FTb, FTbn, FT QL, TL, TLb, Pellix, Pellix QL, TX, F-1, AT-1, A-1, AV-1, T50, T60, T70, T80 and T90

FD (female) breech lock . (lens shown Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 Ø55mm)
100_4038.jpg

100_4043.jpg

FD (female) bayonet, (Lens shown Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 Ø52mm)
100_4104.jpg

100_4105.jpg

FD mount (male), (Body shown, Canon EF)
100_4056_3.jpg

100_4075.jpg

Thanks to everyone for there input. Going to try get this working.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back