Xt2 lcd or settings issue?

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I’ve had my xt2 for a few years but am not sure if this is a new issue or I just never noticed it before. I don’t use the lcd very often as I don’t like to wear my glasses when I’m shooting so I do almost everything through the viewfinder - even review photos.

Recently I’ve shot some astro stuff so I’m using the lcd to focus and it works fine when I’m in manual mode. The other day at sunset I tried to use the lcd with AF to frame up my shot because I didn’t want to lay on the ground for the angle I wanted and I could not get the lcd to come on. The minute I switched to manual focus it came on but if I moved back to af it shut off again. I tried every combination of EVF settings and screen options that I could find before giving up. Is there something wrong with my xt2 or do I have some setting that’s incorrect or has it always been this way and I just never noticed? Appreciate any help you can provide!

You probably hit that button on the side of the prism. I've done it

Are you talking about the EVF setting button on the right of the viewfinder? I quadruple checked that. It was only when I was using AF.

Are you talking about the EVF setting button on the right of the viewfinder? I quadruple checked that. It was only when I was using AF.
I almost never use the LCD, the only time I had an issue is when I bumped that button and I was lost for a few.

Figured it out after reading through the manual. I had to press the Disp/Back button to get it back to live view mode. I must have inadvertently hit that button and changed it to info only being displayed. I knew it had to be user error on my part as I don't use that screen very often but I thought I had tried everything! Phew!!!

Nice, I am glad you were able to exercise all the buttons on the camera, now we get to see more awesome photos. =]

One thing on (some) of Fuji cameras, IMHO: Lay out of some of the controls. My XPRO3 I kept changing the EVF setting with my thumb--cure was a thumb rest. The little MCS lever on lower left of body front; I've moved that by accident as well. I think some of the Fuji controls are too sensitive.

One thing on (some) of Fuji cameras, IMHO: Lay out of some of the controls. My XPRO3 I kept changing the EVF setting with my thumb--cure was a thumb rest. The little MCS lever on lower left of body front; I've moved that by accident as well. I think some of the Fuji controls are too sensitive.

Tried a thumb rest and didn’t like the fit for my small hands. I haven’t had an issue with the EVF but I have had the diopter get moved inadvertently a few times and yes I totally agree the MCS should require more pressure to change it. I am in the habit now of checking it in the EVF frequently to make sure it’s still set to where I want. I’d like them to add a lock to the EC+/- like with the ss and ISO...

Tried a thumb rest and didn’t like the fit for my small hands. I haven’t had an issue with the EVF but I have had the diopter get moved inadvertently a few times and yes I totally agree the MCS should require more pressure to change it. I am in the habit now of checking it in the EVF frequently to make sure it’s still set to where I want. I’d like them to add a lock to the EC+/- like with the ss and ISO...

Better late than never: Your images are beautiful and do proper justice to New England.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back