Reaction score
Website
www.scientificillustration.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nasty little beast, vespula germanica,

wasp_06.jpg

wasp_05.jpg

The lighting is off on this one, but i got too tired to do it again, will have to next week.

From the front

wasp_02.jpg

and from the back,

wasp_sting_02.jpg

but which end is the buisness end?

All stacked from about 60 shots with a minolta 28mm af reversed, with a bit of cigarette paper stufed in the apperture lever (so somewhere between f2.8 and 22) and taped onto a 1.4x tc mounted on a 13mm extention tube.

thanks for looking

tim

Thanks Heck, Apparently it is easier to get higher magnification when using extention tubes with wider angle lenses than telephoto. So this was with a 28 mm, but it needed a lens hood to keep the glare down.

tim

That's some great stacking work. Very sharp. My only complaint would be that I wish the WB was slightly warmer and the color a little richer.

Thats great, thanks, it is nice and easy to bump up the saturation and contrast, I had actually taken the contrast down a bit because the black was really black on screen, but can see how it is lacking especially in the last one. I am glad you didnt notice the errors that the software made especially on the third one where the lhs antenna goes over the yellow under the eye it has chipped bits of the antenna away to reveal too much of the eye.

tim

Thats not even noticable Tim. They look great. How many images did you stack for these. The detail is wonderful.

Most reactions

Back