yellow, red & orange

Ajay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't feel like I'm that good with nature shots, so I'd love some serious critique. Thanks for checking these out.

1-
DSC_0055.jpg

2-
DSC_0164.jpg

3-
DSC_0076.jpg

4-
DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

6-
DSC_0194.jpg

The colors in these are great. The depth of field is nice too.

Thanks KOrmechea.

Any other feedback? Are they lacking sharpeness or are the highlights blown out? Too much contrast?

I like #1 and #3 the best. I like the detail in #3 it's just awesome. I would try and make more contrast on #1 so that there would be more detail in the image to seperate it from the background.

They're not that bad! :) 2, 3, and 6 are very nice, actually. #3, in my opionion, is your best shot. The lines in the picture and the colors are great. A more simple background would have been nicer, but is not always possible.

#6; I think I would have taken a picture of only the end of the branch, leaving out the first side-branches. Zoom in a little more etc.

Thanks 93. I really like #3 as well. I tried upping the contrast in the first one but then I lose even more detail in the shadow/highlight areas. I think if i could go back I'd use a little more DOF to get more separation from the background.

MDW - Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I couldn't really help the background in #3. The metal was was all wound up in a roll.

I actually couldn't get any closer to #6 in camera. I was standing on a tall bridge and those buds were at the top of a tree a ways out from me. I'll try cropping it in PS and see what I come up with. That one bugs me anyway cause it's a bit noisy. I made the rookie mistake of not checking my ISO before all of these and it was on 800 the whole time. :er:

I did edited your image. I hope that was ok... I will delete it if not.

Here's what I did. I used PS CS3 and I went into Adjustments>Exposure and dropped down the offset, exposure and boosted the gamma correction. Then I went back into the Adjustments>Brightness/Contrast and boosted the brightness and contrast. I hope this helps... :)

Attachments

• $ajay1.jpg
    $ajay1.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 104
Hey, that looks so much better! I've never really messed with Exposure Adjustments before - usually just do that stuff in raw. I'm going to have to play around with it now. Thanks!

Hey, that looks so much better! I've never really messed with Exposure Adjustments before - usually just do that stuff in raw. I'm going to have to play around with it now. Thanks!
You can make all those adjustments in the raw format. I would since it will degrade in jpeg anyway. Do you save your images as psd before converting them to jpeg?

Thanks MissMia!

93- It just depends on the image - if I think I want to work with it again or not. If I am working with a jpeg I do always save it as a new version and don't just resave the old one.

I like 6 the best, its a little noisey but you overlooked your iso, we all do it!!, I like your approach and you'll definately get better, good shots.

Thanks MissMia!

93- It just depends on the image - if I think I want to work with it again or not. If I am working with a jpeg I do always save it as a new version and don't just resave the old one.
Yeah, I'm kind of a narcicist so I save my raw images as they were shot, save them after editing as psd files, then add my ©, save it as a psd and jpeg... I almost always have several copies of an image I've edited. Like I said narcicist.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back