Yellowstone series critique

Lackoffunding

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It was really overcast, and this is my first real attempt at large animal photography in nature. Most of my stuff is urban and grungy all that, so it is a big jump for me. I would love your feedback.

Also, these are all square crop B&W's. I have been really interested in medium format photography lately so I decided to try my composition. This is all shot with a 5d with a 24-105. I edited with gimp, which is something I am not good at compared to PS (the raw conversion thing sucks!), so the edits are not ideal but the composition will remain the same.

I am thinking about pushing these to local coffee shops and stuff, so I really want to get an honest professional critique. So yeah, enough writing.

click for larger images because they look better...

http://flickr.com/photos/gmacmt/

I think 3 and 5 are really powerful, moody images. Great work.

For me, the 1st and 3rd images are the strongest of the set.
In the 1st, I think you could dodge up a wee bit more detail out of the shadow on the subject only. Nice composition and exposure throughout the rest of the image.
In the 3rd, I feel the overall image could still use a slight bump in contrast. Wonderful atmosphere to this image.
Good job on the set.

Thanks for all of the replies and the editing tips! I will try to get some of that done today.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back