Zoo animals(3 pics)

chris82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shutterbugs.myfreeforum.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took my niece to belfast zoo yesterday so I could try shooting some animals.Heres a few of my shots.

1)Curious monkey!(I think a duck stole this guys bannana)
monkey.jpg

2)Peecock

This one followed us the whole way around the zoo.I think he wants to be a model

mcolour.jpg

3)Prairey Dog

He got really angry at me for trying to take his picture then turned his attention to my niece when he seen she had food!

mprairydog.jpg

The magenta cast in no. 1 is a choice, of course, but it wouldn't have been mine. Shame all 3 are slightly out of focus.

I like the selective coloring in #2, the magenta in # 1 just does not get it for me.

The tilt in 1 (as is so very clearly to be seen in the bridge in the background) bothers me as much as the magenta ... I just don't like it.
Maybe you could take out the original again and just correct the tilt and leave the rest untouched for us to see. But I think focus is just a tad past the monkey on the water...

I think I like the prairie dog best, though you chose a very narrow DOF and therefore did not get the focus 100% right...

lol the furball is very cute, nice captures.

Nice snaps, Chris. #1 (monkey afraid to get its feet wet) and #3 (angry furball) are funny, and the selective colouring in #2 shows off the peacock's colours.

Thank you,I think I will change the colour in no 1.Lafoto The image is not tilted it is a rising bridge!If you look at the distance between the bridge and the water on the left hand side of the image and compare it to the distance between the bridge and the water on the right hand side you will see that the distance is greater on the right of the bridge but I agree about the colour.I seem to have a problem focusing on the object I want to be sharp,Its either focused in front or behind the object.I just cant seem to get it right.Is this a problem with the camra or is it human error?

W.Smith said:
The magenta cast in no. 1 is a choice, of course, but it wouldn't have been mine. Shame all 3 are slightly out of focus.

I agree about the colouring but I do not think all three ae out of focus,I think no 2 is sharp.I might be wrong though.

you just can't beat a cute ball of fur :lol:

Compositions in the #1 and #2 are good. Though the settings are not fine. Try adjusting with Photoshop. I think they shall be good then.

Most reactions

Back