What's new

07XII

I really like the colors here - the interplay between the deep blues of the sky and the reds of the seeds is really great, but I think re-cropping or framing the shot differently could be more pleasing?
 
Wow, the sky is sooooo blue it almost hurts my eyes. Gorgeous. And the red of the berries, shiny from the sun, are such a nice contrast. I also like how the branches kind of swoop down and to the right...like the curve of a bonsai tree.
 
... I think re-cropping or framing the shot differently could be more pleasing

More pleasing to whom? And why should it be 'pleasing' at all?
An image can be composed in pretty much any way you like but each 'composition' will give a different image - or at least a different feel to the image.
What is important to me as the photographer is my intentions: what I was trying to do with the image and the response I am trying to elicit from the viewer. But it does not follow that I must want the viewer to be 'pleased' by the image. Images can be intended to provoke more responses than just ' that looks purty'.
What you are really saying is that if you had taken the picture then you would have composed it differently.
Well, d'uh! This is what makes us individuals ;)
 
More pleasing to whom? And why should it be 'pleasing' at all?
An image can be composed in pretty much any way you like but each 'composition' will give a different image - or at least a different feel to the image.
What is important to me as the photographer is my intentions: what I was trying to do with the image and the response I am trying to elicit from the viewer. But it does not follow that I must want the viewer to be 'pleased' by the image. Images can be intended to provoke more responses than just ' that looks purty'.
What you are really saying is that if you had taken the picture then you would have composed it differently.
Well, d'uh! This is what makes us individuals ;)

This is all true.. I didn't mean to offend - just my taste. I would be curious though, which an image like this, what response are you intending to elicit from the viewer?
 
I agree with Anty about the colors. My favorite aspect is the set of diagonal lines from the jet streams. Simple and lovely.
 
Nothing special about it at all, Well, d'uh! This is what makes us rude individuals. H
 
I'm kinda with Chris on this one, I really like the colors, but the composition just seems kind of incomplete.

One of the strange things about posting images on this forum for critique is that, as photographers, we're shooting images that we hope will illicit a feeling from an individual. Myself, I try to consider how a non-photographer will feel when they see my photos. But when we post here, we're putting our stuff out there for people who generally have a tendency to look at it and from the perspective of "how would I have done it different". When I critique, I try to look at a photo from both perspectives. This image is a good example, as a photo it is technically very well shot and pleasing, but for me as a photographer, it doesn't do much for me. But that opinion may be worth nothing to the person who shot it, and that is understandable.

I am curious, though, about the meaning of the title of the thread.
 
This is all true.. I didn't mean to offend - just my taste. I would be curious though, which an image like this, what response are you intending to elicit from the viewer?
It's OK...you are just new...and haven't been warned about Hertz yet ;) :lol:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom