'08 Subject Assignment - SELF PORTRAIT - Due Aug 1st

ok .... I needed a victim to test my new DIY ringflash ... so here is my hand :)

seems to work ... now I have to hunt out some bugs :)

lighttest.jpg

here's the design -- cost about $30 to make

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8472611@N04/sets/72157603816045949/

DSC_1285.jpg

Can anyone find the faux pas?

That's an awesome self-portrait!

Is it that your hat looks rotated differently? I'm guessing you took the shot of yourself with the Nikon closest to you, then put it on Playback mode, then set your other camera on timer and repositioned yourself?

That's an awesome self-portrait!

Is it that your hat looks rotated differently? I'm guessing you took the shot of yourself with the Nikon closest to you, then put it on Playback mode, then set your other camera on timer and repositioned yourself?
Cheers Marcus.

No, it's nothing like that and has nothing to do with my avatar either. Let's just say I "cringed" after I uploaded and reviewed it. You don't have to be a Nikon shooter either, it is universal in dSLRs, maybe not including pro series.

Actually, this was a D80 with an 85mm f/1.8 shooting a D300 with a 12-24mm f/4 in Live View Mode shooting me.

Actually, I wasn't referring to your avatar, if you look at the brim of your hat on your D300 Live View and the brim of your hat taken by the D80, they look really different - it looks straight across in front on the Live View and curved in the D80 shot.

- it looks straight across in front on the Live View and curved in the D80 shot.
Ahhh. Yes, that be the distortion caused by the lens at 12mm and my nose about 3" off the front element. Not quite fisheye, but I can get some funny images.

I keep searching the camera, flash, and ball head for something that would be a safety issue. Eg, not locked off and just lucky it didn't fall.

I've tried looking at the settings, but I'm not familiar with Nikon, and as you said above, the faux pas is not specific to that breed.

I'm just not seeing it so far.

l_1658f39497a32d5637ddcc19762e6cb5.jpg

not sure if this is working, im at work and i cant load pics from pb :grumpy:

A day late and a dollar short, but here's my submission:

DSC_1873 Small.jpg

Shot with the camera on a tripod using the interval timer. Comments and feedback are entirely welcome. For instance I think that I should have parked the bike about two feet to the right of where it is. I also should have left a little more room above my gi-normous nugget.

This is a digital re-shoot done today of a shot that I did using my old Konica film cameras for my wife's birthday last year. I matted and framed and 8X10 of this together with a poem I wrote for her. In the film original version of this I had the helmet in my right hand a cigarette in my left.

The poem is:

Motorcycles and Cigarettes

the kind of tired that makes a Camel taste good
as it cuts through the dust and exhaust collected from the road
fingers running through the helmet molded 'do
that plasters hairs to forehead while thinking of you
under the mesh of the armor
sweat flows in a trickle
sticking flesh to cotton
cotton to nylon
nylon to air...

ass, back, and knees sore from sitting
hunching straining forward against the wind rushing
feeling the lean that happens when
the head turns and the machine follows
the thought of where to go
guides the man machine
push to lean
lean to turn
turn to go...

standing on the stoop in black armored mesh
watching the vehicles glide by on the road just left
behind for your kiss upon coming home

you smile and say I smell of motorcycles and cigarettes

Very nice skin tone.

It'd be funny if you made a loose selection around your bike, feathered it a bit, then moved it over to where you were thinking. Then clone in a new background to fill its space.

Oh come on she posts pics of herself.. Can't blame a girl for being shy.. She doesn't want toofy boy to be all over her again.. lol

Pure as the driven snow...

When I saw the topic, I knew just which "portrait" to use. Seeing how I don't photograph so well, this would be the best picture of me. I thought it'd be different, until I got to page 2... :wink:

portrait.jpg

Most reactions

Back