11 from my 4 days in vietnam

newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so i spent the 13th-17th in vietnam, and 3 days of it in halong bay, the rest in hanoi.

here are 11 pics from the trip, i'll do my best to not turn this into a 100 image thread :wink:

a back alley in hanoi
_DSC5817.jpg

the view out my hotel window
_DSC5811.jpg

looking out the cafe window, handheld pan
_DSC5882.jpg

tommy diving off the top of our junk in halong bay
_DSC5711.jpg

halong bay, 7am or so . . . sun rises at 5:20 there
_DSC5461.jpg

overlooking junks near the "surprising grotto"
_DSC5272.jpg

inside one of the caverns of the "surprising grotto"
_DSC5257.jpg

bicycles in a rice patty
_DSC5077.jpg

morning sky
_DSC5440.jpg

.....more of that morning sky
_DSC5451.jpg

a bit contrived looking . . . but i didn't arrange it, someone else must have.
_DSC5617.jpg

I'd never really thought much about Vietnam, at least not as a vacation destination, but those photos are spectacular, I think differently now. 4, 10 and 11 really nice.

Great pics man, that is a great pan in #3.

The diving and the ponoramic are fantastic. Like what lockwood said, these images don't say vietnam to me. Now add smoke, fire, Huey's and F4's, maybe some Rolling stones (Gimme Shelter) playing in the background in there and THAN it will seem normal!

Wow! very nice photos! I like #1 The Alley. But all of them are really good, nice rich colors!

thanks guys!

yeah, vietnam is pretty cool . . . some of the people are still bitter towards americans, be it for pulling out, or for going to war.

i wasn't a big fan of hanoi, it kind of reminded me of new orleans, except with worse pollution and more peddlers, and with more chaotic traffic.

but, its still a neat city, i just like to have more space . . . so we went to halong bay, which as you can see was amazing!!!!!!

i'll prolly put more pics up in another thread soon.

Most reactions

Back