What's new

#1394

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
12,983
Reaction score
5,003
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
.




8136527473_3281a445e9_o.jpg





.
 
holy ****.

this is just over the top! friggin fantastic!
 
I must be missing something because most of bitter's shots floor me and I'm not getting this one at all...
 
Good; i have question for BJ; if that big "S" was completely there, would you capture this and show it here? :D
 
Good; i have question for BJ; if that big "S" was completely there, would you capture this and show it here? :D
I think so. What I love most is the missing panel on the facade (false front) in the lower right corner. I think that is the important element here.
 
It's growing on me... :)
 
Good; i have question for BJ; if that big "S" was completely there, would you capture this and show it here? :D
I think so. What I love most is the missing panel on the facade (false front) in the lower right corner. I think that is the important element here.

I don't think it would be as effective. For me there is an illegible element that I like. At first, it looks like an backwards "J" and I'm left wondering if it's even in english. When I notice it's an "s" i'm still torn, because the gold is so bold, and the "j" shape is still so recognizable. The lighting on the gold lettering is also fascinating.

There is also a conceptual element that I like, a kind of decay of mid-20th century values; still present and influential, but becoming obtuse and obsolete in today's cultural landscape.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom