What's new

#1492

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
12,983
Reaction score
5,003
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit






8213238098_93e3242986_o.jpg

​




 
Mesmerizing. Simplicity doesn't get any finer than this.

Would look great framed.
 
^^^^That guy said it all!! Great shot, BJ!
 
Thanks invisible and mish.

I am really enjoying looking for and at the play of light in architecture. I like when, removed from context, you can't tell for sure what is being presented, exactly. On this one I love the light/shadow being reversed along the vertical line, and frankly, I can't remember what this was or a part of. I think it's cool that I honestly don't know more than you the viewer about how this occurred.
 
I liked it; but i feel the lower triangle should have been a bit more darker to get that 3D feeling :D
 
Simply put....Wow.

Aww, thanks Geaux.
N'Orleans was fruitful. I'm still sorting through my pics. I can't remember where this was though. LOL

I have to say, I am surprised by the reactions this is getting. :thumbup:
 
It rings familiar with me ;) but yours is wayyy yummier!
 
Nice! This reminds me of an installation piece at the National Gallery awhile back. You couldn't tell if the "corner" you were facing was concave or convex. Fun little brain puzzle.

(IIRC, it was actually flat)
 
What do you think about having the bottom right "line" go into the corner rather than just above it?
 
Frequency, I like that, but you created an image that was not there. You created an entirely new piece, that says something different, with a different mood.

I like what you did for different reasons than why I like the original. So, I thank you for taking the time to show me your thoughts.

As for the line going into the corner...I like the little bit of space, keeping you above the corner. I like the shape it creates, I like that it doesn't create a sharp point, I like that it keeps only one corner in the image, and I just like the "feel" of it that is hard to express. I also feel, that straightening the vertical, which I often tend to do, removes a good bit of this images "grace".
 
The original view is the best because of the mystery created by the "corner" which in relaity is a non corner, thus something just around the bend, so to speak...I like :thumbup:
 
Aww, thanks Geaux.
N'Orleans was fruitful. I'm still sorting through my pics. I can't remember where this was though. LOL

I have to say, I am surprised by the reactions this is getting. :thumbup:

Would have never guessed this was in NOLA lol

If you ever make it down here again, you have to get in touch, I'd love to shoot with you, and pick that mastermind of a brain of yours ;)
 
We'll definitely be going back someday. But there's a world to explore!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom