What's new

1938 Porsche Type 64

Takeda

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Messages
241
Reaction score
46
Location
Durham, NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1
DSC_00003-XL.jpg


2
DSC_00004-XL.jpg


3
DSC_00005-XL.jpg


4
DSC_00006-XL.jpg


5
DSC_00009-XL.jpg


6
DSC_00010-XL.jpg


7
DSC_00011-XL.jpg
 
Love the car. This isn't your fault, but I wish they would have used a lighter background instead of black. Would be nice to see the car's shape from some of those angles, but it just melds with the background. Bad choice on their part.
 
Love the car. This isn't your fault, but I wish they would have used a lighter background instead of black. Would be nice to see the car's shape from some of those angles, but it just melds with the background. Bad choice on their part.

Thank you!
 
puts car in museum, doesn't fix scratched paint.
 
puts car in museum, doesn't fix scratched paint.

That could easily reduce the value of the car.

For instance, coins and firearms are common targets of attemtped "fixes", and their values end up in the toilet compared to what they were prior to being "fixed". If the paint on the car is original, it's better to leave it be...
 
Understood, but I believe the practice is a bit different in the automotive industry. Restored cars often sell for much more than poor-condition originals, often times completely repainted. Just watch a Barrett Jackson auction and be shocked what people pay.

I can't imagine a good claybar, waxing, polishing on that car would degrade the value. But what do I know?

One thing I can't stand is when people "restore" antiques and have them completely repainted and fixed using modern parts.
 
The key there is poor condition. Moderately good condition originals sell for as much as restored cars, so it becomes a question of whether there's a point in restoring it or not. And those are swirl marks from a rather horrible detailing job-needs a good mopping and polish, and that should take care of it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom