What's new

1st Automotive Attempt - 2012 Chevy Volt

.SimO.

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 22, 2012
Messages
258
Reaction score
28
Location
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first attempt at automotive photography with my Canon EOS T3i. I utilized my Sigma 17-50. Unfortunately I currently do not have a circular polarizer so I apologize for that. This is a 2012 Chevy Volt that GM provided for a one week review to my girlfriend. Please comment and critique. Suggestions are needed, encouraged and welcomed. Thanks and much appreciated.

One.
8022829357_f86c59fa60_c.jpg


Two.
8022830778_b8a3496d8d_c.jpg


Three.
8022828771_4450fa25a7_c.jpg


Four.
8022828545_096e53c4cf_c.jpg
 
Last edited:
Your location, just sitting in a driveway, leaves a lot to be desired. Take it somewhere so that the car isn't competing with the background for attention.

The last two appear to be the same. The shadows are quite blocked-up and there is very little detail anywhere except the light areas (seats, console highlights, etc)
 
Your location, just sitting in a driveway, leaves a lot to be desired. Take it somewhere so that the car isn't competing with the background for attention.

The last two appear to be the same. The shadows are quite blocked-up and there is very little detail anywhere except the light areas (seats, console highlights, etc)

Much appreciated for the feedback. I understand the location is not adequate for most. I was just trying to gauge interest in the aspect of the vehicle itself and less for the obvious atrocious background, lol.

Thanks for the comment on the interior shot. The pores in the seats really showed up in the picture and not sure if I should have softened it but not sure how that would have managed without the detail (or what I was attempting to get in part of the image, lol). Maybe setting up a tripod and using a smaller aperture would have helped out tremendously with that. Thanks a bunch for your input.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom