1st shoot digital c&c plz

Allen459

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. This was my first shoot with a digital camera. Let me know what you think. Some of the pictures have been slightly adjusted through levels or contrast.
Number21.jpg

Number23.jpg

Number20.jpg

Number17.jpg

Number1.jpg

DSC_8649.jpg

DSC_8594.jpg

DSC_8572.jpg

DSC_8570.jpg

DSC_8563.jpg

Sorry to post so many...i could not put just one.

nothin.....ouch!

Too many pics for one post. Usually 2-3 max, ideally one per post. Post your favorite and be specific about what you're looking for.

That being said, my general impressions are...

- Most shots generally just too dark.
- Pretty girl, more attention to her (in a variety of ways) is likely advisable.
- #8 had the most potential of the set, in my opinion. Needs a bit of straightening.

Keep it up!

I took a look at your pictures yesterday but didn't C&C because of the number of pictures you posted. Usually when there are more the 5 pictures I just give it a pass and move on.

You were working in difficult shooting conditions...dark interiors with bright outside light coming in the windows...and you were basically shooting candid shots to document whatever everyone was doing at that location. I think you did okay given the situation, but most of the images are dark and kinda soft.

I like shot #8.

I've got the same opinion of 8, most potential there.

Thanks for the help. Next time i won't post so many. What would you recommend for making a better exposure with the lighting conditions present?

1. I like the intent here on catching her face with an interesting expression, but whatever is in the foreground kills the shot as its really distracting. The image is also underexposed / dark

3 and 4. Same as 1 above… overexposed / too dark, overall distractions in the picture. A tighter crop or zooming in would help with composition. Good idea, lack of execution.

6. My least favourite one. Nothing really interesting in the picture (not that I see anyways).

7. I don’t like that her feet are cut…or more where they are cut. You can cut the body, but I don’t think this is a good place to do so in this picture. Cut at the waist or above the knee. The green of the grass is really nice and green, but her dress, which should be nice and popping red, is dark and drab. She is under-exposed. Zoom in more, get her to look up at the camera and fix the exposure and this could be a great capture.

8. I really like the various lines going through the shot. So many possibilities with all this going on. Nice use of the docks. Again seems under-exposed

9. Two guys talking, under-exposed, their fingers are cut off and blurry. Not a good capture IMO.

Hope this helps

Most reactions

New Topics

Back