$2,500, What to get?

Both of those lens are sharper than the zoom also.

Yeah, but I am afraid I will want a zoom and not just primes though. What do you think, or what would you do.

I dont think once you get the 7d and whatever lens, that you won't buy another lens. So you really need to decide do you want versatillity or sharper images. I have used my 70-200 IS F2.8 on the sidelines of a highschool football game with decent results you can see some of the images here treyharrison.zenfolio.com under the sports section. I was using a 50D at iso 3200. I would really rather sharper images and a faster lens but it is hard to beat how versitile the 70-200 is. I dont think the 70-200 is really fast enough for most highschool sports that are at night or indoors unless you have camera that handles high ISO really well. So thats why I suggested the 85 f1.8. Its a flip of the coin!

Yeah. I think I am going with the primes. I would rather sharper images then the versatility. Also the 85 1.8 will be good indoors because of the faster aperture. I wish I had two body's though. One day i guess.

Im jealous!i used the 85 1.8 the begining of this year and im desperatly trying to get the money by to get one,its soo pin sharp its impresive!you wont be disapointed in buying it,i'll try get a few portraits up to show you

That would be awesome if you could do that.

85 1.8 is a nice lens but the 1.4 is a tad sharper. And the 1.2L, if you have the pockets for one, one of the best Canon-made lenses ever produced.

You won't want the 1.2L for shooting sports. Fantastic lens, but it focuses too slow for sports in my opinion. It is, however, my favorite portrait lens.

Most reactions

Back