2 girls 1 photo haha.

ccssk8ter11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am fairly new here and havent posted in a while, so i though id throw up a photo i did today. Let me know what you think about the picture and the processing. Constructive criticism welcome just dont be too harsh haha im still a beginner.
What do you think about the post-processing, its got kind of an hdr like effect to it but i tried not to over do it. All i actually did was turn up the fill light, recovery, and blacks, a little bit in lightroom, and then just the basic contrast/brightness/saturation stuff like that.

DSC_0073-2.jpg

i like it as well. it seems candid. the girl in the pink's right eye(her right) seems messed picture wise.

i like the brown field, then the mountains and the cloud. too much vigenetting imo.

did you play with Clarity? it's too much imo, or was it something else>

how long have you been taking pictures? i wish i can capture something like that.

i like it as well. it seems candid. the girl in the pink's right eye(her right) seems messed picture wise.

i like the brown field, then the mountains and the cloud. too much vigenetting imo.

did you play with Clarity? it's too much imo, or was it something else>

how long have you been taking pictures? i wish i can capture something like that.

thanks for the comments, Yeah i know what you mean. I think i did turn the clarity up a little too much.

I have been taking pictures for probably about 5 or 6 months.

How high above your camera was the strobe? I don't usually like direct-flash, but for some strange reason, it looks ok here. The whole picture really has some surreal lighting, in my opinion. Overall, I like this shot; the processing has got that "high-concept" look to it, even if that may not be what the photo was trying to be.

How high above your camera was the strobe? I don't usually like direct-flash, but for some strange reason, it looks ok here. The whole picture really has some surreal lighting, in my opinion. Overall, I like this shot; the processing has got that "high-concept" look to it, even if that may not be what the photo was trying to be.

I just used my sb-800 mounted right on the camera. I am the same way but i was having a hard time keeping the background and the subjects both lit how i wanted and that seemed to be the only thing that was working.

And yeah i knew the processing was gonna be a little extreme, i did it on purpose just i guess to see how it would turn out. I also have some ones that i just did normal editing on.

I'm quite liking the background, I agree that you overdid the PP just a bit. My main two problems are firstly that the left girl's cut off fingers are quite distracting and secondly the fact that the girl on the right is looking away to the right. It takes the focus away from the scene and reminds me that this is a very much forced pose, simply because it looks like she's laughing to someone off-camera, saying "Oh I can't believe we're doing this...!"

I think the PP is overdone, it just really seems like the models are not actually at the background, just placed there in software. Nice pic overall but the thing I stated makes it not work for me, sorry

I think that's what clarity did.

Are you gonna repost a 2nd attempt with this pic?

What did you shoot with?

I am fairly new here and havent posted in a while, so i though id throw up a photo i did today. Let me know what you think about the picture and the processing. Constructive criticism welcome just dont be too harsh haha im still a beginner.
What do you think about the post-processing, its got kind of an hdr like effect to it but i tried not to over do it. All i actually did was turn up the fill light, recovery, and blacks, a little bit in lightroom, and then just the basic contrast/brightness/saturation stuff like that.

DSC_0073-2.jpg

Too much contrast. You really lose the eyes because they're so dark and lacking detail. Next time, try putting the flash on manual mode. Take a photo to get the setting where the background is under exposed by 1/3-1 stop and then set the flash power to properly expose the subjects. It would give you a dramatic look without having to try and compensate with the PP.

Kind of like what I did for this one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cokronk/2424948491/

The sun was still up and the windows would have been completely blown out, so I exposed for the windows, a little under, with the camera's light meter, then shot the subject with a monolight & octabox set to properly expose her.

Too much contrast. You really lose the eyes because they're so dark and lacking detail. Next time, try putting the flash on manual mode. Take a photo to get the setting where the background is under exposed by 1/3-1 stop and then set the flash power to properly expose the subjects. It would give you a dramatic look without having to try and compensate with the PP.

Kind of like what I did for this one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cokronk/2424948491/

The sun was still up and the windows would have been completely blown out, so I exposed for the windows, a little under, with the camera's light meter, then shot the subject with a monolight & octabox set to properly expose her.

Thanks for the tips VI :)
So you need a flash that can adjust the output power something like the 285hv, right?

looks to me like it was just pasted in front of the background poster

Most reactions

Back