2010 Photographer's Market? Anyone own this?

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just wondering if anyone owned a copy of the 2010 Photographer's Market, or any previous versions thereof.

Moreso, I am curious as to the validity of the books purpose; have you or anyone you know been able to publish photograph work through contacts in this book?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I have 2010.

Yes, it's purpose is valid, but that doesn't mean it's easy.

Yes, and I know other photographers who have made money from various contacts in the book too.

I have the 2008 version. I sent 3 letters. One fitness mag denied me and my skills, but was slightly encouraging. The other never replied. Dog Fancy took the bait and I am now on the payroll.

All in all an invaluable resource.

Love & Bass

I have the 2008 version. I sent 3 letters. One fitness mag denied me and my skills, but was slightly encouraging. The other never replied. Dog Fancy took the bait and I am now on the payroll.

All in all an invaluable resource.

Love & Bass
Pretty dam good for only 3 letters! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Yeah 33% turn around rate. LOL

I have this book (2006) for short story writing, and it was a great tool... but I found with so many submissions it was near impossible. Only had minor success.

I haven't picked up this year's issue yet. I got a few photos published in Firehouse magazine a couple years ago from 2008's Photo Market. It's nothing I seriously pursued, but it's cool to see how many opportunities are available if you're willing to do a little leg work.

Most reactions

Back