What's new

2nd attempt

PureEvil

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 12, 2012
Messages
15
Reaction score
2
Location
Michigan and North Dakota
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well people didnt like that I posted 16 photos, so here are 4 out of the bunch:



Pic 1

DSCF0070.jpg




Pic 2

DSCF0073.jpg





Pic 3

DSCF0053.jpg




Pic 4

DSCF0019.jpg




Hope you like them,
PureEvil
 
Pure Evil; Thank you for posting these, including the larger group in the other thread. I like very much that you have purchased a good camera and you are on your way toward entering the hobby of photography. Yes, I do see the potential in these shots, even though they are not technically perfect, they do convey a sense of what the scene is like. I see the lonesome road that you drive, and it draws me into the scene.

As for technical comments, you have now experienced the difficulty of shooting into the sun. It is not easy. Some pictures are obviously tilted from the horizontal, which can be fixed later, either in your camera or with computer software. The road shots are underexposed most likely because the camera is exposing for the brighter sky, leaving the foreground underexposed. Sometimes you can correct for that by switching the light meter to expose for the foreground, or by bracketing your exposures and then combining them later on the computer.

As for the benches and stones, you can use a flash to better illuminate the foreground even if the sky is brighter. I'm glad you are enthusiastic about photography and I would like to see more of your shots. Keep it up.
 
All of the photos look really good I toke one and edited it in lightroom just a bit to show that just about anything can be adjusted in post. Not saying skill with the camera is any less needed but good editing skills are super handy to.





$A Min in Lightroom.webp
 
Thanks for all the comments guys, I took a few more today while fishing, none were really great but I will prolly post 1 or 2 of them. I was messing around with some B&W options on the camera so we will see how that turned out.

I will also check out that thing about the filters, because I really have no idea how to use the options on the camera, was also going to try and take some photos of the stars, but I am really not sure if this camera will do that or how to go about it as far as settings go.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom